• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Youtube search filters?

Kaunisto

For some days now Youtube's Upload Date and Sort By filters haven't worked for me. Anyone else experiencing problems?
Type/Duration/Features work, but it just ignores Date and Sort By.

I updated Chrome, but that made no difference. Haven't tried other browsers.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
For some days now Youtube's Upload Date and Sort By filters haven't worked for me. Anyone else experiencing problems?
Type/Duration/Features work, but it just ignores Date and Sort By.

I updated Chrome, but that made no difference. Haven't tried other browsers.
Someone said the filters are disabled because people kept posting the New Zealand shooting, and Youtube couldn't remove the videos fast enough.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
I've always found that the internal Youtube search is pretty much useless.

I use the terrible G-word search engine to look for the videos I want, and it will also bring up videos on DailyMotion and other sites besides just youtube.

Kaynil

Oooh, I noticed this happening but I never linked it with the New Zealand shooting tragedy.
That makes sense, but it was such a weird thing to just inhabilitate it without giving any explanation. I mean wouldn't most people just use the search bar?

I used the filter mostly to bypass the popular in search for the latest videos uploaded or if I am after a channel in particular.
I don't use it often but I want to think that they are used enough for it to be noticed when it stopped giving you proper results.

Top Bottom