WW3

Webster

*reads Forbes' article* Someone really really needs to remind Red China that the South China Sea will remain open to all...and if Beijing doesn't like that, well....a long-duration carrier patrol through the region never hurts to get the message across. :D

Webster

*continues* Along with that, overflights through the region - armed overflights - through the SCS also seem to bring peace & happiness to the area...

Webster

That is because for a number of years the risk was low and therefore not relevant, but it is now.
Yeah, but only because of the unstableness of the world in general; back then, it was also dangerous but there was a general sense of what countries could and couldn't do; everything in-between was fair game.

Kaunisto

Naah, not WW3, just Cold War 2.
Might at worst bring something like what Vietnam was for Cold War, but nothing too big to be expected.

I do wish everyone else could settle borders at South China Sea between themselves, it would then be a step easier to negotiate with China.

Webster

I do wish everyone else could settle borders at South China Sea between themselves, it would then be a step easier to negotiate with China.
Problem there, Kaunisto, is that everyone else has been trying to negotiate with China, but China wants to turn the SCS into their version of the Caribbean: their own little playground.:eek::eek::eek:

TRUE LIBERTY

WW3 I do not think is going to start from China, it is going to start from one of these little rogue nations developing a nuke and actually using one which then sets off a chain reaction of other nations striking back and taking advantage from the attack. Personally I think these rogue nations are waiting for the right moment like a world wide economical collapse to strike.

Top Bottom