Writers Block

Dee

At this point, I've given up. It's indeed linked to my panic and anxiety and I have a hard time bringing myself to write. I used to love to write every single day, but when things got really bad, it affected my creativity and ability to write. It sucks and I've tried everything in the book and then some to fix it to no avail.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
At this point, I've given up. It's indeed linked to my panic and anxiety and I have a hard time bringing myself to write. I used to love to write every single day, but when things got really bad, it affected my creativity and ability to write. It sucks and I've tried everything in the book and then some to fix it to no avail.
Over the years of reading your posts, I have always found them to be well thought out, intelligent and well written. So, in that aspect, you haven't totally lost your ability to write.

If I were to give you half a sentence, would you be able to keep adding to it? For example; The worst part of my life started.......

Dee

Over the years of reading your posts, I have always found them to be well thought out, intelligent and well written. So, in that aspect, you haven't totally lost your ability to write.

If I were to give you half a sentence, would you be able to keep adding to it? For example; The worst part of my life started.......
I could, but I wouldn't feel good about it. I'd criticise myself to no end, to the point where I give myself physical anxiety symptoms and end up dropping it. Although lately, after a friend asked me if I'd been writing at all, I have been considering re-writing an old project of mine. I'd keep the same characters and general plot and change a lot of other things. I'm worried I'll bail out after a while and give up, but I don't know.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
I could, but I wouldn't feel good about it. I'd criticise myself to no end, to the point where I give myself physical anxiety symptoms and end up dropping it. Although lately, after a friend asked me if I'd been writing at all, I have been considering re-writing an old project of mine. I'd keep the same characters and general plot and change a lot of other things. I'm worried I'll bail out after a while and give up, but I don't know.
Fair enough. I do hope you'll be able to re-write that old project of yours. I would love to read it one day.

Olmeca

I'd leave it alone for awhile and then come back to it later. Though if you are getting writer's block, it may be a question of 'should I even be writing this?' Especially if you happen to not be feeling what you're writing.

Top Bottom