• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Woman ‘hit in face for confronting Islamophobic couple on bus’

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
A woman from Bath was allegedly hit in the face after she confronted an Islamophobic couple on a bus.

Kerry Parkinson, a mother-of-three, was on the way home from work in central Bath on the number 13 bus when she encountered the couple.

She had been sitting in one of the side-facing seats near the front of the single-decker bus when a man in front of her started telling his son off.

Kerry, from Elmhurst, told the Bath Chronicle: ‘The little boy was opposite in the buggy, obviously tired and crying. The partner started to be, in my opinion, slightly verbal to the little boy.

‘Then he said “you need to shut up otherwise we will send you to Istanbul with all the other Muslims to join ISIS”.

The shocked 44-year-old said she was completely taken aback when she heard the ‘racist comment’ but then the mother joined in.

She said: ‘[The woman said] she had to wait a long time in the lift in Primark because “Muslims kept hitting the button.”‘

The alleged abuse continued for around five minutes before Kerry said she was forced to step in.

Kerry, whose brother is married to a Turkish woman, said: ‘I was very, very upset and offended. I felt very moved to say something.

‘I was very polite and just said “excuse me”, to the husband, “please would you mind not saying that because I find it really offensive.”‘

But as soon she spoke to the man, his partner turned around and allegedly said: ‘What do you know? What do you know?’

After asking her to stop, Kerry said the woman ‘elbowed’ her in the ribs and then started screaming at her and saying ‘she was more educated than me’.

She added: ‘As she was getting off the bus she hit me in the face, catching me with the base of her palm.’

It was only when she was hit that people stepped in to help, calling the attack ‘assault’ and saying she was ‘very brave in standing up to racism’, Kerry added.

Fortunately, Kerry did not require medical treatment but still remains shaken up by the experience.

She said: ‘I never expected that to happen on my bus home in Bath after work. I know I got hit but I just felt that I couldn’t sit there and listen to that. Would I do it again? Yes I would.’
Would you have done what she did? (Why/Why Not)

APS

Unarmed
What should have happened is the driver keep the doors closed and call for the police.
But yes I would have done what she did and if she had hit me I would have hit him (I wont hit a female)

Jazzy

Forum Admin
I would have minded my own business. People who spout hate generally don't play by the rules and can't be reasoned with.

Howard

I myself aren't a fan of Muslims or any religious group.

I honestly think the Muslim should have shut her mouth and minded her own business and than this wouldn't have happened.

Not everyone has the same beliefs. Some people hate Muslims just like most of those in the Middle East hate Americans.

Beaky

blah
as soon as the world hangs religion and realises we are all one species the better

only one race the human race

Bluezone777

There is wisdom in not responding to a fool or otherwise you will look no different then he is. This one is clearly acting foolish and no one is genuinely listening to his rants so it's best to just ignore him and leave him to his own stupidity. However if someone who is clearly acting foolish is leading people with him into foolishness then that's when you step in to respond to such statements not for the sake of the fool but the people being lead astray.

Top Bottom