• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Who's the weirdest teacher you've ever had and why?

APS

Unarmed
Mr Rudkin - Religious Studies.
Always seemed to end up as Sex Education :)

Howard

I had a teacher named Mr. Owens in Biology. He'd always ask girls perverted questions about their periods. Than he would make sexist remarks about women off and on in class. Anyways, he died.

South Of Heaven

Mr Ross - Art
Giant man who drove the tiniest car, bit of a hippy always looked drunk or stoned, let you do whatever the heck you wanted, very angry to the point where he got suspended for punching a pupil.

Kaunisto

I don't think I can name any particular among group of personalities. Generally the weird ones were the better, except perhaps a Swedish teacher - big man with a thin comb over - who made the only test I ever failed. Although since some 70% of class failed, he re-evaluated them so that in the end I did pass (but still with worst grade I ever got from any test in my 12 years in school). He was always telling us how to write an essay for language class; once referring to someone's essay that he had quoted, he told us to write "just this kind of baloney". It became a catch phrase for us to imitate him.

A gym teacher liked to pretend we were in army. It was a joke we didn't really mind playing along. But try doing pushups when told: "Enjoy the pain! It feels goooood! It feels screwdriver!"
(That really doesn't translate any better, because I don't know myself what the hell it was supposed to mean. One slang meaning for screwdriver would be "penis", but that - hopefully - doesn't fit in the context.)

I have to mention five old females we had in one school. I tell you, they were all under 5 feet. So obviously we called them "basketball team".

And I'll throw in a biology teacher, who taught us the wisest thing I was ever told in school: "You don't have to do anything but die, and even that only once."
He might've added that he didn't have to drink, could quit anytime he wants. But as far as I know he outlived all mentioned above, so I guess he knew what was doing.

Top Bottom