Who taught you to use a computer?

Angel

No Drama Zone!
Self taught for most of it. Then I worked for a large bank and did their nightly processing so was trained by someone there for that.

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
I started trying to read the manual for the C-64 we bought on sale.... gave up, and figured it out on my own from a cheat sheet of DOS commands.

Have done the same thing all the way up to Windows 10... just without the DOS commands now.

Vince284

Elected to take a programming class in college (nothing to do with today’s computers) but punched a few hundred punch cards. Got a job and was doing some engineering work and someone wheeled in an IBM 8088 I believe. I had been playing around with a C-64 at home. I acquired a copy of AutoCAD and figured out how to load it and make it work on the IBM. So that helped me open my own graphic/CAD business and then did some publishing. Taught myself networking because of my business and branched off into another business of network and computer support for local businesses. Setup a few businesses with their networks and landed a job with a global company. Supported their businesses in the locations of western United States, Mexico, Italy, Spain, Belgium and Taiwan. Left there and got a job with IBM as a manager. Here I sit, self taught.

Howard

A teacher back in the 5th grade taught my class how to operate Windows 95. We were learning how to write short stories and look up things on the Internet. That's how I learned.

Alexander

There was multiple individuals and people who originally taught me how to use a computer. This happened at very young age, and this mainly consisted of my Dad, Teachers, Self Learning and lots of practise. This is how I learnt!

Howard

When I was 11 and was taking a computer class in the 5th grade. It was in a computer lab and all of the new computers operated on Windows 95. Then in high school they had everyone learning with Apple and old computers with Windows 2000 and the newer OS back than was Windows XP and VISTA.

Top Bottom