What's your weirdest workplace experience?

D

DaveM

Working in the cell blocks at our local prison with all the prisoners in the same area.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
I've had plenty of them but none rated PG that I could post in this thread.

APS

Unarmed
I used to deliver company cars to employees all over the country.
Took a Granada up to a rep in Manchester,he came down to have a look and sat in and said "How do you drive a manual box then ?"
I thought strange question so I ask what do you drive at moment. Auto he said,so alarm bells rang.
What did you pass your test in ? Auto he said.
Not sure about other countries but in UK pass test in manual you can drive both,pass in Auto you can't drive manual.
Ended up after several phone calls taking car back to Birmingham and he had to wait for his company to re order an Auto version.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Not sure about other countries but in UK pass test in manual you can drive both,pass in Auto you can't drive manual.
Ended up after several phone calls taking car back to Birmingham and he had to wait for his company to re order an Auto version.
Interesting about how you can't drive a manual if you passed the test driving an Auto. Here they don't care once you've passed your test.

Also, the guy should have specified Auto when he ordered a company car. What a waste of your time.

D

DaveM

When I passed my drives it did not matter either way. Now it is the same as what @APS said.

APS

Unarmed
Interesting about how you can't drive a manual if you passed the test driving an Auto. Here they don't care once you've passed your test.

Also, the guy should have specified Auto when he ordered a company car. What a waste of your time.

Not a waste of my time as I got paid anyway :)

Angel

No Drama Zone!
When I was younger, I worked at a bank as a teller. The president of the bank made me an offer to be his secretary with a nice raise. Being young and it being one of my first jobs, I was pretty naive and accepted the job offer.

At first all was well... but, I was barely learning to type. One day I told him I didn't think I could do the job because typing wasn't a skill I had.

He looked at me with a look in his eyes and said, "I didn't hire you to type". That's all I needed to hear. I walked off the job and never looked back.

D

DaveM

Thank you for answering. Here we don't have any code so that's why I asked.

Back then we also had motorcycles split by a code the first being when you were 16 you could get a licence for a 50cc and at 18 anything larger than 50cc, I am not sure how that works now.

Top Bottom