What were you doing on 9/11?

Dee

Going to get my high school yearbook with my mom. We were driving on the highway listening to Howard Stern's radio show when he started to explain that a plane had crashed into the first WTC tower. I thought it was a joke at first, but I changed the channel and some other radio station broadcasting in NYC confirmed the same thing. The towers hadn't fallen yet by the time we got home, but there was a very ominous feeling in the air. No planes could be seen. Everyone was silent and unsure of what to say. Very creepy. Very sad.

J

Justbec

I was working in Queens at the time. We had a perfect view of the Twin Towers, about a mile as the crow flies. Someone yelled that a plane flew into Tower 1 and we all ran to look. We watched the second plane fly into Tower 2 and then we watched both towers fall. Most of us just stood there in shock, crying. When we left to go home that night there were people just walking down the streets. The city was on lockdown and no cars were allowed in or out so people had to walk across the bridges out of Manhattan.

beowulf

i was on the night shift....woke up and switched the tv on as normal......just as the second plane hit

April

Resident Readaholic
I was in high school, my junior year, in my Multimedia Applications class which had just started... I remember my teacher had one of those tiny little TVs in her classroom and we just watched the news for the rest of the class. :( Then every class afterwards had had TVs wheeled in and we just watched the news all day... it was a very sad day, with an incredibly somber vibe in the air.

Howard

I was in the 7th grade when it happened. I was in math class and we didn't even finish school that day.

We all thought it was a hoax at first and were in disbelief. We were all worried about America going to war and how bad it would get or if the terrorists would strike again.

Top Bottom