What really old PC games are still worth playing?

Kaunisto

If 90's counts as "really old", I'd start with Lucas' point and click adventures from Loom to Grim Fandango.
Then there's my favorite series Wing Commander(/Privateer spin-off) or optionally for people with interest on Star Wars (and/or worse taste on games than myself...) the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series.

80's gets a little harder, first game I can think of would be Sid Meier's Pirates! (You really might want to go with the original instead of the fancy new versions. Well, except the absolutely original was in fact for Commodore 64.)

Strategy games never get old: Master of Orion 1&2, Populous 1 (I really prefer the simplicity to 2) and the original Civilization. *sigh* Oh, the days when "Sid Meier" still meant good games.

Kaunisto

• Warcraft III
  • Need for Speed: Underground 2
  • Age of Mythology
  • Commander Keen 4
Interestingly, though I've played thousands of games (actually finished hundreds, at least if you include cheating and walkthrough use), I have never played any game from any of those series. (Well, probably tried a minute or two or tried a demo, but not seriously played.)

Vengeance

Creatively influx.
Age of Empires II, Medieval II Total War and Total War Shogun. I've been working my way through all of the campaigns for the first one this past week and a half.

R

Rooster

I still play Warlords II on occasion.

I miss the old Wing Commander series, and if there was one game I could play again, probably Overlord would be my choice. Pretty simple strategy, but you must plan ahead and be ready to readjust at a minutes notice. Only 4 levels, but I never did defeat that last level...

I want a rematch! :LOL:

Top Bottom