• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

What programs do you always install on new computers?

Kaunisto

I've gotten new computers in average every 6 years, so there's only so many things that can be used in computers so far apart...
And it's been my aim to use each computer for different things, so first when getting a new one I try to find for it programs that previous couldn't run.

That said, there are couple: CDisplay, VLC Media Player, Freelang Dictionary (Finnish, Japanese, few other languages) and various emulators.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
Pc decrapifier logo
The PC Decrapifier
...it's like TP for your PC

WE RECOMMEND WHAT TO REMOVE
The PC Decrapifier is a free tool that helps remove programs, unnecessary startup items that can slow down your PC.
It takes you step by step, giving you recommendations on what to remove, many of which can be removed unattended.

DaMan

Typically I install...
  • Google Chrome
  • Spotify
  • Steam
  • BitDefender Free
  • CCleaner
That's about it for the initial stuff...naturally things get added as time goes :p

Angel

No Drama Zone!
PaintShop Pro
A ton of plug-ins for PSP
The Font Thing
FF
cCleaner
Avast
MBAM
Filezilla
Notepad ++
ColorCop
Word
Probablly a lot more that I can't think of at the moment.

Olmeca

I'll add:
  • LibreOffice (better than MS Office)
  • UC Browser/Firefox
  • KMPlayer
LibreOffice is a really good program to use too. I know fanfictiondotnet recommends it. Google Chrome and Firefox are two browsers I always have. Screen Hunter is a pretty useful program to have as well.

otis booard

"Levotur5" by Ondraid Kots
recently downloaded a few files from a samsung hardrive, really adds to the system I use. File names include #echo, Echo, rosie.

The software coding is compatible to a degree as it is coded using similar structure to my occ, my fcc, occ and fcc

Top Bottom