What are some cool,

C

cali

My ex bought a home that is the second oldest in the city. It dates 1742 and has a basement and 2 subbasements and was part of the underground railroad.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
It's not a secret to us that live here but...Vermont's flip-floppy attitude on public nudity can confound newcomers who learn that, though it's legal to be naked in public, it's illegal to get naked there. Vermonters can let it all hang out outdoors — provided "it" was already hanging out when they left their home, car or place of employment. The actual shedding of garments al fresco exposes the perpetrator not only to the elements but also to the risk of prosecution for lewd and lascivious conduct.

Before anyone asks me...NO I do not walk around nude.

APS

Unarmed
Don't know if it's true or not because there is no actual proof.
It's highly rumoured that Charlie Chaplin was born on Black Patch Park at the bottom of our road.
It was land owned by the Romany Gypsies at the time.
As I say no proof but his son Michael has been several times and last visit last year placed a plaque in the park.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Don't know if it's true or not because there is no actual proof.
It's highly rumoured that Charlie Chaplin was born on Black Patch Park at the bottom of our road.
It was land owned by the Romany Gypsies at the time.
As I say no proof but his son Michael has been several times and last visit last year placed a plaque in the park.
There's a very high percentage that it's true: Experts said they were “99.9 percent certain” the iconic comic came into the world in a caravan at what is now Black Patch Park in Smethwick. Source

Reactions: APS

APS

Unarmed
Your welcome :)
Have read that site many a time and I'm also a member of the Winson Green Facebook group.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Your welcome :)
Have read that site many a time and I'm also a member of the Winson Green Facebook group.
Certainly is an interesting history there about the memorial. Was also nice to be able to see his son Michael.

APS

Unarmed
I've lived here for 33 years this Dec and seen many changes,not all good ones :(

Jazzy

Forum Admin
I've lived here for 34 years this Dec and seen many changes,not all good ones :(
That's a long time and it's a shame that bad things have to happen. I also moved for that same reason. Things were going so downhill, that I had to get of there.

APS

Unarmed
There are only about 5 originals left now including the Wife and I.
Your quote made a mistake :D

Top Bottom