What animal would terrify you if it had wings?

R

Rinko

Scorpions. Scorpions or snakes. Or tarantulas. Basically anything capable of doing terrible things to you, but are presently restricted to land.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
As for my answer.....

It is MUCH smaller than a pig.

Most have a main body about the size of your thumbnail.

Imagine a "Biblical" swarm of these things coming to town....

00578-3263021-A_German_woman_died_after_being_caught_up_in_the_tentacles_and_s-a-3_1444217634576.jpg

They are the most venomous animal in the ocean.

Over 100 people a year die from their stings.

In some cases, otherwise healthy adults have died in a matter of hours, in extreme agony, from only a few stings.

"The Australian box jellyfish is considered the most venomous marine animal."
More:
What is the most venomous marine animal?
NOAA.gov

A first hand account:
A tiny, clear, cube-shaped gelatinous sea creature is armed with one of the deadliest venoms on our planet. Take it from one who knows too well the pain and paralysis of the Box Jellyfish. I have suffered their otherworldly stings three times now, in my attempts to swim from Cuba to Florida.
MORE:
Box Jellyfish -- Deadly Venom

--

Last edited:
L

leapinglena

a human being....think of what the army, navy or air force could do with a human being that could fly or a terrorist...

JHG

Spider? Pfft. They're wimps. No spider can beat a person, winged or not. The true winged terror is a flying brown bear.

Shane

Netflix Addict
A rhino with wings would terrify the heck out of me, imagine that just flying towards your window. Hell nooooo

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
I'll amend my answer to include an alternate:

vibrio-vulnificus-bacteria.jpg
http://www.livescience.com/56619-flesh-eating-bacteria-ocean-vibrio-vulnificus.html

(quote)
Ocean City flesh-eating bacteria death: 'A horror movie'

Michael Funk was cleaning crab pots on Sept. 11 at his bayside Ocean City condominium.

Four days later, Funk was dead, the victim of a flesh-eating bacteria he acquired in the Assawoman Bay – one of the bodies of water that separate Ocean City from the mainland.

Doctors diagnosed vibriosis quickly, and Funk was flown to a shock trauma hospital in Baltimore, where doctors amputated his leg. But it was too late. He died Sept. 15, four days after cleaning out the crab pots.
(end quote)
http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/news/local/maryland/2016/10/20/ocean-city-flesh-eating-bacteria/92080144/

APS

Unarmed
An Elephant,be like having a Jumbo jet coming right at you :)

K

Kid B

I was gonna say spider too. Flying spiders, there you go, someone will make a horror movie about them if it hasn't already been done. Who remembers Them! - an old monochrome movie about an invasion of giant ants? No-one?

Here you go...

1954 and it's classed as a sci-fi horror - don't get scared now but stay in your homes!

Top Bottom