• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Waitrose suspends 17 staff for ‘eating half-finished meals left by customers’

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
Waitrose has suspended 17 staff members after they were allegedly caught ‘eating half-finished meals’ left by customers.

The workers were sent home from the store in Milngavie, Glasgow after claims they had been stealing food from the in-store restaurant.

Managers became suspicious after seeing staff eating during their shifts on CCTV cameras.

A source told the Daily Record: ‘The allegation is that they have been helping themselves to food from the cafe.

‘When a customer has left an unfinished meal they have been eating the remains rather than throwing the food in the bin.

‘For example, if someone has ordered a brownie and not been able to finish it, the worker has had a couple of bites of the leftovers on the way back into the kitchen.’

A Waitrose spokeswoman declined to comment on the suspensions.
Do you think they should have been suspended? (Why/Why Not)

APS

Unarmed
Simple no.
The food was not stolen it was paid for by a customer who chose not to eat it all.
The only place it would have ended up was the bin.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Simple no.
The food was not stolen it was paid for by a customer who chose not to eat it all.
The only place it would have ended up was the bin.
Well said and I have nothing more to add.

South Of Heaven

I have to agree on the not stealing part but it is kinda gross who knows if that food was sneezed on, dropped on the floor etc.

Worldwide

I would love to know the working hours and what provisions are provided by the employer that would result in their staff being hungry enough to even want to eat someone else's left overs.

D

DaveM

The problem here it could become a health and safety issue and they could get themselves into a legal battle if something had to happen to one of the staff. Lets say a customer has spiked what they left over and a staff has to eat it.

Evil Eye

Well-Known Stalker
Free brownies!
I'm sure you could add some lines to their contract absolving the company of blame if their employees eat "garbage".

Lonelylycan

Why suspend them eh, makes no sense as they have not stolen or broken any rules. It's just a sad reason yet again...

Top Bottom