VPN

Alexander

A VPN, is also known as a Virtual Private Network which creates a secondary connection which effectively allows people to use the internet as if they were using their own private household network. Do you use one? If so, which VPN do you use and how much are you paying for the service?

Have you got any privacy concerns with some of the free softwares, like Hotspot Shield, for example?

Howard

A VPN, is also known as a Virtual Private Network which creates a secondary connection which effectively allows people to use the internet as if they were using their own private household network. Do you use one? If so, which VPN do you use and how much are you paying for the service? Have you got any privacy concerns with some of the free softwares, like Hotspot Shield, for example?
VPN's don't work like you think they do. The company you're going through will log your IP, and your internet provider will log your IP and the VPN IP's you're using. So if you go and steal anything online, the feds will trace proxy or VPN you're using because the VPN and a lot of Proxies is registered by law and are still traceable. Same goes for TOR which is now watched closely by the Feds. Some of the official and established forums, not the self owned ones, but Forum Promotion is one of them that bans members using VPN and proxy because banned members use them to circumvent bans. I think it's just less of a head ache if you just use your regular IP to get around.

Vince284

I use VPNs everyday of my life. It's not for me to steal, but to have access to private networks which I support. When I log into a businesses' networks, they provide a VPN connection and that's the way they stay more secure from me because they can track what I'm doing. I use a personal VPN so that my home network stays more secure, not for me to go out trying to steal something. At home for my personal VPN, I pay for IPVanish, it's not that expensive and it's easy to setup and use. I also pay for dynamic DNS hosting so that my home network IP address can change all the time and only I have access to my home network from anywhere in the world. For businesses, it all depends on their connection, Cisco is a big one but I suspect it's expensive.

Snog

I have a VPN I use to test certain things, but I don't normally use it. Mainly because most VPNs cap the speed at a speed much slower than my actual connection. I've tested that many times and the result is always the same, a huge reduction in connection speed.

Besides that, any "security" they provide is no greater than the secure connections made between my computer and any web site I access.

Howard

I've tested that many times and the result is always the same, a huge reduction in connection speed.
Yeah. That's one of the biggest reasons I quit using Tor, Opera's VPN, and many others. Why so slow?

I think it's great that hackers cant track on VPN's. Some Proxies are set up for people to use so their IP can be traced by hackers.....

Top Bottom