• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

US To Send 1,500 Additional Troops To Middle East

Webster

(The Guardian) Trump confirms plan to send 1,500 additional troops to Middle East
The Trump administration notified Congress today that it plans to send about 1,500 additional troops to the Middle East amid heightened tensions with Iran, officials said.

Members of Congress were notified a day after a White House meeting to discuss Pentagon proposals to bolster the US force presence in the Middle East.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the troop plans have not yet been formally announced, the AP reported.

The forces would number “roughly” 1,500 and would deploy in the coming weeks “with their primary responsibilities and activities being defensive in nature,” according to a copy of the notification obtained by The Associated Press.

Their mission would include protecting U.S. forces already in the region and ensuring freedom of navigation, the notification said.
Earlier this week, officials said Pentagon planners had outlined plans that could have sent up to 10,000 military reinforcements to the region.

Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan later said planners hadn’t settled on a figure.

factoverstigma

yet another war we dont need and money wasted on so many better things like education, health care...oh wait, those are things that would benefit the citizens of this country! haha, what was i thinking.... my bad. im so dumb

TRUE LIBERTY

Don’t think Trump wants a war, but I sure wish we weren’t sending any troops over there. Give the least craziest ones the weapons over there and get the hell out.

Beaky

blah
im just gonna leave these 2 videos here THIS WAS ALL PLANNED YEARS AGO

TRUE LIBERTY

im just gonna leave these 2 videos here THIS WAS ALL PLANNED YEARS AGO

Listening to Clark, I didn’t have a problem with us going into Iraq I had a problem with us not finishing it. We should have leveled everything killed Saddam and went home.

Beaky

blah
I think it would be the same war as long as we don’t stay long term that’s when we lose Americans
the fight with iran will be more tougher than iraq americans will be lost from the start of it and most likely some british soldiers too since we always seem to follow the US when they say jump

TRUE LIBERTY

the fight with iran will be more tougher than iraq americans will be lost from the start of it and most likely some british soldiers too since we always seem to follow the US when they say jump
Every war we lose soldiers and again I’d rather just completely pull out of the entire region but if we did go in it would go just like the first Iraq war did on how fast we took them out. There anti air craft defenses would be taken out within a week. We would over run them with our more advanced tanks within weeks. Our war hardened troops with better training and equipment would have the country in months. And we would have the people of Iran backing us this time.

psalms91

Every war we lose soldiers and again I’d rather just completely pull out of the entire region but if we did go in it would go just like the first Iraq war did on how fast we took them out. There anti air craft defenses would be taken out within a week. We would over run them with our more advanced tanks within weeks. Our war hardened troops with better training and equipment would have the country in months. And we would have the people of Iran backing us this time.
I like the thought but I seriously dout that the Iranian people would back us, I think we would face a nightmare such as Afganistan has turned out to be

TRUE LIBERTY

I like the thought but I seriously dout that the Iranian people would back us, I think we would face a nightmare such as Afganistan has turned out to be
The Iranian people are not like Iraq they really want to control their own destiny that’s why they have tried twice to overthrow the regime. We just can’t stay there after we win that’s when we face real problems

Beaky

blah
TL this will be nothing like iraq many will die and war with iran damn have you forgot about who they are allied with? we CAN NOT afford a war with iran

TRUE LIBERTY

TL this will be nothing like iraq many will die and war with iran damn have you forgot about who they are allied with? we CAN NOT afford a war with iran
Yes Russia with a economy the size of a average American state. They have a struggling economy and they can’t afford to fund Iran. So yes this will be like Iraq.

Top Bottom