US Government To Bypass Congress, Resume Arms Sales To Arab (Persian) Gulf Countries

Webster

(The Guardian) Report: Trump administation to bypass Congress, sell weapons to Gulf Nations
The New York Times is reporting that the Trump administration is planning to bypass Congress “to allow the export to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates of billions of dollars worth of munitions that are now on hold.”

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and other senior aides are pushing for the administration to invoke an emergency provision that would allow President Trump to prevent Congress from halting the sales, worth about $7 billion. The transactions, which include precision-guided munitions and combat aircraft, would infuriate lawmakers in both parties.

They would also further inflame tensions between the United States and Iran, which views Saudi Arabia as its main rival and has been supporting the Houthi rebels in Yemen in their campaign against a Saudi-led military coalition that includes the United Arab Emirates.

This is sure to get contentious with the administration’s tepid response to the killing last October by Saudi agents of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi still fresh.
-Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/23/us/politics/trump-saudi-arabia-arms-sales.html?emc=edit_na_20190523&ref=cta&nl=breaking-news

TRUE LIBERTY

Do any of you get the feeling that the current USA administration is destabilising the world?
No! Obama administration would just do something like this in complete secret and abandon soldiers to have several get killed. Oh wait! He did!

MoreCoffee

its helping putin to destabilize the world and sow discord within our own borders, yes. trump is just a very useful puppet
That he is. A very useful puppet. So why do 40% of USA voters want to vote for him and watch him work to end the USA's period of military, economic, and political leadership in the democratic world?

Webster

Do any of you get the feeling that the current USA administration is destabilising the world?
Actually, no. Why? Two reasons: (1) unlike past presidents, who "promised" to do various things but yet didn't, Trump is actually doing (or attempting to do) what is in the Republican platform from 2016, which scares the heck of the GOP Establishment and (2) he's actualyl taking the considerations of Americans over the rest of the world; what a novel freaking concept.

Now, I didn't vote for Trump in 2016; I was a "Never Trumper" back then....not now; I plan on voting for Trump in 2020 because, in the words of Abraham Lincoln, "He fights." None of the other Republican presidents up to now have; that alone is something to see....and the "destabilization of the world" bit, @MoreCoffee? I would define that as "America is going to do what it wants, when it wants and will no longer bow or acquiesce to the rest of the world on matters of importance to the American people."

If that's destabilization, then more of it please.

factoverstigma

That he is. A very useful puppet. So why do 40% of USA voters want to vote for him and watch him work to end the USA's period of military, economic, and political leadership in the democratic world?
because that chunk of voters are gullible idiots who cannot and will not think for themselves. or, theyre just as disgusting as he is

TRUE LIBERTY

Actually, no. Why? Two reasons: (1) unlike past presidents, who "promised" to do various things but yet didn't, Trump is actually doing (or attempting to do) what is in the Republican platform from 2016, which scares the heck of the GOP Establishment and (2) he's actualyl taking the considerations of Americans over the rest of the world; what a novel freaking concept.

Now, I didn't vote for Trump in 2016; I was a "Never Trumper" back then....not now; I plan on voting for Trump in 2020 because, in the words of Abraham Lincoln, "He fights." None of the other Republican presidents up to now have; that alone is something to see....and the "destabilization of the world" bit, @MoreCoffee? I would define that as "America is going to do what it wants, when it wants and will no longer bow or acquiesce to the rest of the world on matters of importance to the American people."

I’m falling out of my chair reading this! Oh how we debated!

MoreCoffee

How sad. He says he's kept more promises than he made. One is quite confident that one of the extra kept promises that were not made is to
  • Make America's Government bankrupt Again. Another is to
  • Make America and unreliable Trade-partner Again. A third is to
  • Make America Disunited Again - he could even be aiming for a second civil war or if not that then the dissolution of the union. A fourth might be to
  • Make America Second-rate Again.

Webster

*reads @MoreCoffee's comment above* And your country voted the Coalition back in despite what, 55 straight weeks saying otherwise? :LOL: :LOL: ...I guess voters Down Under voted to Make Australia Great Again too!

MoreCoffee

*reads @MoreCoffee's comment above* And your country voted the Coalition back in despite what, 55 straight weeks saying otherwise? :LOL: :LOL: ...I guess voters Down Under voted to Make Australia Great Again too!
Opinion polls are not reliable in every election. The polls predicted something that did not eventuate. How does that relate to Donald Trump's incompetant lazy and wasteful conduct of the office of POTUS? And what has it to do with making Australia or any other nation great again?

TRUE LIBERTY

How sad. He says he's kept more promises than he made. One is quite confident that one of the extra kept promises that were not made is to
  • Make America's Government bankrupt Again. Another is to
  • Make America and unreliable Trade-partner Again. A third is to
  • Make America Disunited Again - he could even be aiming for a second civil war or if not that then the dissolution of the union. A fourth might be to
  • Make America Second-rate Again.

Yes, Obama did all this

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
I've got to make a new tinfoil hat before I read much more about how Mr. Trump is a Putin Minion with really bad hair.

Top Bottom