Question - Answered Unexplained Removal of Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dee2

Genuine question here. It seems my posting and PMing permissions were removed without any notification. Was this decision something you guys planned on never telling me about? Was it purposefully decided that I couldn't privately speak to an administrator about it, which forced me to make another account in order to contact someone? I'd like to keep this private, but I'm okay with keeping it in the public just so every other forum member knows that if you rub someone here the wrong way you'll get treated unfairly.

Bluezone777

I noticed the status update you made about the situation was quickly removed by someone as well. I don't know why that is as I saw nothing wrong with it myself. Something is definitely going on and I would like to know why that is the case myself.

Dee

I noticed the status update you made about the situation was quickly removed by someone as well. I don't know why that is as I saw nothing wrong with it myself. Something is definitely going on and I would like to know why that is the case myself.

I could be completely wrong, Blue. I could just be suspicious and have a chip on my shoulder, but I was told it was a "glitch". There was no ability to PM/message anyone. I had no access to the shoutbox and couldn't send messages that way. Wasn't able to post anything without a message popping up saying that it needed a moderator's approval. My access to the 18+ board has also been removed despite this glitch being resolved. From running a forum myself in the past, it sounds an awful lot like you've got to personally disable those things for a specific member, but I'm not familiar with the administrator UI within XenForo. Did anyone else experience this particular glitch to their permissions?

Last edited:

Mandy

I haven't tried to PM anyone lately or use the shoutbox, but no, did not have the posting problem unless it occurred when I was sleeping.

Bluezone777

It's possible I suppose as I don't know much about this software but it is certainly a curious glitch to have occur and just after there was a heated discussion on here(referring to the world filter topic). I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking negatively of it.

I haven't had any of the problems you have had nor has there been any talk of anyone having any such problems.

The last time I saw Dee listed as having been here was right after the word filter topic was closed. A status was made by Dee regarding being uncomfortable with being on a board that didn't trust their members to be responsible about what words they use then soon after that status update disappeared and I just assumed someone deleted it. I just don't know why she would be targeted out of everyone else nor would it make any sense if she was targeted that she was let back in? it could very well be a glitch as I do recall receiving an automated PM stating I was added to a group yet I submitted no applications to be added to any groups at that point and the only group listed was the 18+ one that I was already signed up for.

I have to say it's very likely that it was a glitch that just had awful timing that would make an innocent situation seem like something it wasn't. I am glad it got fixed for you and hopefully no one else was affected by it like you were.

Dee

It's possible I suppose as I don't know much about this software but it is certainly a curious glitch to have occur and just after there was a heated discussion on here(referring to the world filter topic). I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking negatively of it.

I haven't had any of the problems you have had nor has there been any talk of anyone having any such problems.

The last time I saw Dee listed as having been here was right after the word filter topic was closed. A status was made by Dee regarding being uncomfortable with being on a board that didn't trust their members to be responsible about what words they use then soon after that status update disappeared and I just assumed someone deleted it. I just don't know why she would be targeted out of everyone else nor would it make any sense if she was targeted that she was let back in? it could very well be a glitch as I do recall receiving an automated PM stating I was added to a group yet I submitted no applications to be added to any groups at that point and the only group listed was the 18+ one that I was already signed up for.

I have to say it's very likely that it was a glitch that just had awful timing that would make an innocent situation seem like something it wasn't. I am glad it got fixed for you and hopefully no one else was affected by it like you were.

Either way, I know I didn't delete the comment I made. It was deleted by someone who has permissions to delete it for reasons they've chosen not to express. That's all fine and dandy, but a heads up that messages can be deleted because--although the message I made did not technically break the rules--someone didn't agree with what it said. Then again, if I was breaking any rules of the forum I take full responsibility for my actions and will own up to it. I just didn't think that expressing personal opinions on this forum would be deleted without so much as an automated message explaining why. Come to think of it, I've had that happen on Wober, too, and the administration looked relatively the same sans a few people. Perhaps I should make a suggestion thread in regards to that. It would've been nice to know the reasoning.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
@Dee: I wasn't aware of this glitch until I logged on this morning and saw it mentioned in a PC from DaveM. I'm sorry this happened to you and any other member(s) who may have been affected by this glitch. The software glitch has been resolved and will not occur again.

I have sent you an invite to rejoin the 18+ group. Once you accept the invite, I will approve it and you will then be able to access that group again.

I'm very grateful you created a second account to alert us to the glitch and the problems you were experiencing and I'm happy to see you back with us!

For other members reading this, I would like to assure you that Admin. here does not restrict member's permissions or delete your content anywhere on this forum without first notifying you as to the reason.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
But they do delete posts they don't like. Got it.
The only posts we delete are reported posts after going through a staff review first. Then we message the member as to why their post had to be deleted.

Dee

The only posts we delete are reported posts after going through a staff review first. Then we message the member as to why their post had to be deleted.
My post on the side thingie there (not even in a thread) got deleted without any notification. You might want to review your own rules and ask whether they're being properly followed.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
My post on the side thingie there (not even in a thread) got deleted without any notification. You might want to review your own rules and ask whether they're being properly followed.
What side thingie are you even talking about? If it's your profile update post, it's been clearly explained to you that the system experienced a glitch. Once the glitch was sorted out, your profile update is there now. I have apologized to you but it seems that's not enough for you. *sigh*

Dee

It's easy to blame things on a glitch to cover your ass. *shrug* And I'm not so sorry someone's been taking advantage of the excuse that I would be the only one singled out by this mysterious glitch no one else has experienced. Never in my history on the internet and visiting forums have I ever experienced a kind of glitch like that. But hey, weirder things have happened. I just don't like it when people are too chicken shit to fess up to their actions. Oh no, I cussed! :x Am I going to be warned now?

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Then I would like to know who would intentionally wipe out the forum rules too. Took me hours this morning to retype and repost them. Yep, it's only you @Dee that experienced a problem. I have apologized. Now it's up to you to accept it or not. Your problem has been resolved that's what counts.

Dee

Then I would like to know who would intentionally wipe out the forum rules too. Took me hours this morning to retype and repost them. Yep, it's only you @Dee that experienced a problem. I have apologized. Now it's up to you to accept it or not. Your problem has been resolved that's what counts.
I don't accept the apology. You can close this thread now.

APS

Unarmed
Dee pardon me for asking but if your so unhappy why are you here ?

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
That wasn't the intent of the post.

I've never seen a forum staff member who is as genuinely concerned for the well being of members as Miss Lady.

Except for recently when she was intentionally misled by someone whom we need not discuss, her reputation is impeccable.

If she said "it was a glitch", it was a glitch. Until clearly demonstrated otherwise, say, by the board closing down.

Dee

That wasn't the intent of the post.

I've never seen a forum staff member who is as genuinely concerned for the well being of members as Miss Lady.

Except for recently when she was intentionally misled by someone whom we need not discuss, her reputation is impeccable.

If she said "it was a glitch", it was a glitch. Until clearly demonstrated otherwise, say, by the board closing down.

You trust people too much, Doc. She's got you pulling the wagon while she cracks the whip. WAH-PAH!

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
Who said the following quote first?

"I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally."

- Dee

- Donald Trump

- W. C. Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom