UK security services foiled 19 major terror attacks

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Excerpt from the article:

"And in the past two years they have foiled 19 major terrorist attacks - 14 of them Islamist and five of them motivated by extreme right-wing ideologies.

"But those are just the headline figures. For each attack prevented, there are dozens more that never have the chance to begin in the first place."

Read More-->UK security services foiled 19 major terror attacks over past two years, says Sajid Javid
-------------------------
Translation: I can say any numbers I like here and nobody will ever be able to verify them.

Your thoughts?

Webster

Translation: I can say any numbers I like here and nobody will ever be able to verify them.

Your thoughts?

That said, here's the money words from Mr. Javid,
"But those are just the headline figures. For each attack prevented, there are dozens more that never have the chance to begin in the first place."
I read that, Jazzy, as "We currently have 19 cases involved alleged terrorist plots by both Islamist and Far-Right individuals and/or groups that are currently being prosecuted by the Crown Prosecution Service**, while there are dozens more that were dealt with by either the Metropolitan Police or by other police services within the United Kingdom."

Now, could he be trying to blow smoke up everyone's asses here? Potentially...but you don't make a comment like the above w/out having the information to back it up, not in the post 9/11 period.

**--Within the UK (specifically England & Wales), the Crown Prosecution Service acts as the prosecutorial equivalent to a U.S. Attorney here in the 'States; Scotland and Northern Ireland have separate Crown Prosecutors (the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service w/in Scotland and the Public Prosecution Service for Northern Ireland w/in Ulster)

Top Bottom