• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Trump Supporter Tweet Appears To Call For Lynching Of AG Lynch

Webster

CNN: Trump supporter tweet appears to call for lynching of Loretta Lynch
Washington (CNN)A top Donald Trump supporter drew fire Wednesday for a tweet that he says was a "well-intended mistake," which seemed to call for the lynching of Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

The tweet from New York businessman and former gubernatorial candidate Carl Paladino said "Lynch @LorettaLynch let the Grand Jury decide," according to reports and screen grabs on Twitter. The message was replaced with another that simply said "@LorettaLynch let the Grand Jury decide."

Paladino was apparently weighing in on FBI Director James Comey's announcement that the bureau would recommend no charges in the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email server. The matter is now referred to the Justice Department, and Lynch -- the country's first female African-American attorney general -- has said she'll accept the recommendations of the FBI and career prosecutors in the Justice Department.

The Buffalo businessman seemed to be making the case that a grand jury should make the final call.

Paladino told CNN it was all a misunderstanding. "I intended to say to Lynch to send the FBI report to the grand jury to decide criminality which she is legally obligated to do," Paladino said in an email. "I have never personally tweeted. We are novices. My assistant tried to send it directly to Loretta Lynch by adding '@Loretta Lynch.' It was a well-intended mistake that the progressive press wants to take out of context."

But the use of "lynch" in front of the attorney general's Twitter account handle drew notice. In addition to being interpreted as a call for violence, the charged term had added connotations in relation to Lynch, who is only the second African-American to hold the office of attorney general.
-Read more: Trump supporter tweet appears to call for lynching of Loretta Lynch - CNNPolitics.com

Bluezone777

It's really a non story because what is being done is someone is purposefully reading this to say something it's not because they have an agenda to push and no facts matter if t hey go against that narrative.

I bothered to find an actual screen capture of the tweet in question and it read. Gideon Resnick on Twitter

Lynch @lorettalynch Let a grand jury decide.

Now, if you take the twitter lingo out and write it as it normally would have been written it would have read...

Lynch, let a grand jury decide.

Doesn't sound all that scandalous to me so what's the problem because I don't think there is a real problem here just a manufactured one made for political reasons.

Bluezone777

I do not even get this reply.
Apparently he believes that if one person who calls himself a Republican says something or believes in something then everyone who is a Republican believes it. I'd say that comes of as rather ignorant and the sort of talk that such people who call themselves Liberal tend to disparage yet they see no problem in doing it themselves. I'd say such people should spend more time a mirror looking for their own faults first instead of holding the mirror to others to show other people their faults first.

Webster

Apparently he believes that if one person who calls himself a Republican says something or believes in something then everyone who is a Republican believes it. I'd say that comes of as rather ignorant and the sort of talk that such people who call themselves Liberal tend to disparage yet they see no problem in doing it themselves. I'd say such people should spend more time a mirror looking for their own faults first instead of holding the mirror to others to show other people their faults first.
There used to be a time, BZ, when the two major parties were so broad that you could literally have conservative-thinking Democrats and liberal Republicans; those days are long gone and people such as @TRUE LIBERTY are a good reason why. To them, BZ, ideology trumps - no pun intended - realism and pragmatism.

TRUE LIBERTY

There used to be a time, BZ, when the two major parties were so broad that you could literally have conservative-thinking Democrats and liberal Republicans; those days are long gone and people such as @TRUE LIBERTY are a good reason why. To them, BZ, ideology trumps - no pun intended - realism and pragmatism.
Actually the progressive movement starting in the 1920s is the reason why not Constitutional Conservatives like me.

Top Bottom