Trump supporter pulls gun on campaigners at Black Lives Matter protest

Jazzy

Forum Admin
screen-shot-2016-07-09-at-13-18-34.png
This is the dramatic moment that a right-wing activist pulled a gun on a group of protesters at a Black Lives Matter rally.

Footage shows the confrontation between the group and Michael Strickland, which happened on the same day as the fatal shooting of five police officers in Dallas.

No shots were fired and no one was injured in the encounter in Portland, Oregon, The Raw Story reported, despite Strickland appearing to point a gun at campaigners.

Strickland, who took part in a Donald Trump rally last month, can be seen backing away from the group, and later claimed he feared for his life.

He lifts his top to reveal a Glock 27 pistol before pulling the gun out and shouting ‘get the hell back’.

It is thought that some protesters dropped to the ground and hid behind cars, but others can be seen cautiously approaching Strickland and asking him to put the gun down.

One of them was Ben Kerensa, who told The Raw Story that no one had touched Strickland prior to the incident, despite him claiming he had been shoved.

As he left the rally against police killings, Strickland said he brought the gun to the rally because he had been threatened on social media.

He was arrested by armed police in body armour and has been charged with two felony counts of unlawful use of a weapon.
Thoughts?

D

DaveM

When you feel the need to pull out a weapon and point it must be at the point where you faced with possible death and only by eliminating the threat you can save your own life or that of someone else.

People like this should just not be allowed to carry a weapon ever.

Dee

This guy is well known in our community for pulling stunts like this. Maybe not actually pulling out his weapon, but he's got quite a lot to say when it comes to participating in protests and on his YouTube channel. The Portland Police arrested and took him into custody because of the way he was acting, and it'll probably get written off as "self-defense" but there was probably no reason for him to pull his weapon out. There were already police nearby and the f***in Multnomah County PD AND FBI building are within blocks of that particular location. You literally drive past the MCPD and then a block away is the FBI Building. So this guy is an idiot and he needs to be in jail for a little while. I think his bond is pretty high.

EDIT: I watched the longer video in the article and he's literally half a block away from the MCPD building. *sigh* I'm glad they took his dumb ass away in handcuffs. That was unacceptable especially given how many people were down there.

TRUE LIBERTY

The video is pretty one sided, can't see the other side and what they are doing but it seems he may have overreacted.

TRUE LIBERTY

1099.gif
....I was wondering when you'd come around and defend the Trumpite there...now we know.
Know what? I did not defend him. He seemed to have overreacted. But it still would have been nice to see some video of exactly what was going on the other side to make him pull the gun.

Top Bottom