• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Top bullfighter gored to death in the ring in Spain

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
One of Spain’s top bullfighters has been gored to death in the ring in what is reported to be the country’s first matador death this century.
rexfeatures_4610707h1.jpg
Victor Barrio, an award-winning fighter, was critically wounded during a tournament in Teruel in eastern Spain.

Although he was rushed to hospital, doctors were unable to save his life.

According to Spanish media, the bull had caught him in the side sending him in to a painful somersault before goring him in the chest.

Pictures from the scene show the bullfighter prone on the ground before being carried out of the ring by other matadors. Warning: You my find the images below distressing:
ad_212416894.jpg
ad_212416830.jpg
Reports suggested the bull, named Lorenzo, had been struggling but caught Barrio off-guard.

Bullfighting deaths amongst matadors are relatively rare, especially compared to deaths on bull runs which average up to 10 a year.

Barrio was a trained professional and named the winner of San Isidro bullfighter by the Senior Club of Madrid.
After seeing the tip of a spear and the bull's blood running off it's shoulders, I'm less than sympathetic. You whip a powerful and potentially dangerous animal into a tortured and terrified frenzy and it fights back. Tragic, but hardly undeserved.

Your thoughts?

APS

Unarmed
Never agreed with Bull fighting.
Yes he got what he deserved.

C

cali

I never watched but I'm sorry the man was killed. The bull was only doing what he knew to do.

spain-euro.gif

Top Bottom