• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

This is the world’s saddest polar bear

Jazzy

Forum Admin
This is the world’s saddest polar bear and its sole purpose in life is so shoppers can take a quick selfie.

The animal is an attraction at the Grandview shopping centre in Guangzhou, China, where people can stop by the small enclosure to tap on the glass or take a picture.

But animal welfare activists are disgusted after footage of the bear emerged showing it lying on the floor, completely drained of its spirit, according to The Mirror.
new-worlds-saddest-polar-bear-trapped-in-shopping-centre-display-for-people-to-take-selfies-1.jpg
The polar bear is just one of the many animals on display at the popular shopping centre, which also has six young belugas, five walrus calves, Arctic foxes and a wolf.

Charity, Animals Asia, are now urging shoppers to boycott the centre until all the animals are returned safely to their natural habitat.

Director of the charity, Dave Neale, told The Mirror that polar bears are one of the hardest animals to effectively provide for in captivity.

He said: ‘Polar bears often exhibit stereotypic behaviour as captivity restricts their natural instincts such as the need to forage.

‘We are calling on the Chinese public not to attend this attraction. We are calling for it to be closed down. This is a bear that suffers for what? For selfies? For shopping?’
Article Source With Video

Thoughts?

D

DaveM

I hate reading about things like this, it is time people woke up and stopped mistreating animals :Rage:

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Breaks my heart to even look at that poor bear. I hope someone gets this bear and the rest of the animals out of there before they die. :cry:

Lee

I can't even watch this, because it will make me too angry.

I don't believe in mistreating any animal under any circumstance. I have two cats and a dog which I love dearly.

South Of Heaven

Bless him.
I was watching a TV show the other day filmed a few years ago where they were trying to rescue monkeys held in the same place. It's heartbreaking to see these beautiful creatures treated like this. </3

Top Bottom