There was a tornado in Suffolk and it looked amazing

Jazzy

Forum Admin
"Dramatic pictures showing a tornado in Suffolk last night have emerged.
ad_214424449.jpg
ad_214424445.jpg
Among the people to spot the mysterious goings on in the sky was chef Phil Hannam, who works in the village of Thorpeness.

He works at The Kitchen @ Thorpeness, where drinkers and colleagues were shocked to see what was happening.

His manager, Amy Youngs said: ‘It was muggy and stormy yesterday and we had all sorts of weather, but we’ve never seen a tornado over Suffolk before.

Meterologist Steven Keates from the Met Office told metro.co.uk that he was not initially convinced, but said: ‘I’ve now admitted defeat on this one.
He said because the dramatic scene happened over the sea, it was a water spout, but said: ‘If it touched down on land it would be a tornado.’"

Article Source With More Pictures

Anyone live near here?

APS

Unarmed
It's about 170 miles from where I am.
I do however remember the 2006 Tornado over parts of Birmingham.
That left a right mess.
We're not used to this sort of weather.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
I'm amused looking at the people in the first picture just sitting there calmly. Me, I would have been running the heck out of there!

J

Justbec

That is very cool but if I were those people in the first picture I sure as hell wouldn't just be sitting there...

South Of Heaven

Google tells me I am 176 miles away by car.
You've got to love us Brits we certainly have our priorities straight. Given the choice of viewing a tornado or drinking we turn our backs and hold our pints tighter so we don't spill a drop.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
You've got to love us Brits we certainly have our priorities straight. Given the choice of viewing a tornado or drinking we turn our backs and hold our pints tighter so we don't spill a drop.
That was priceless and made me laugh out loud. Thanks, I needed that!

K

Kid B

I didn't get wind of it until I read this. It blew me away, frankly.

Top Bottom