The quote about Jesus Christ

Jazzy

Forum Admin
"Grovetown High School and Columbia County Board of Education officials are looking into how an eye brow-raising quote in a yearbook made it into the final product.

The photo is of a student who has a self-attributed quote that reads, "I don't know why people think Jesus Christ is coming back, he wasn't nailed to a boomerang."

The quote and the photo have since gone viral. Mary Gray, a friend of the student who wrote the quote, says it was an innocent joke.

More-->Student's controversial yearbook quote on Jesus Christ prompts questions about quotes moving forward.
------------------
Do you think the quote was offensive? Why or Why Not?

psalms91

on its face yes but given the age of the eprson making it and the context maybe not, definitely wasnt in good taste

Lämmchen

I think a lot of times when a person gets told that he shouldn't have said something that his answer is Well it was just a joke. As if it's okay.

I think the joke was to demean Christians and if the kid had said something about Muslims and Allah then it would have gotten more press about how awful he was.

Webster

I think the joke was to demean Christians and if the kid had said something about Muslims and Allah then it would have gotten more press about how awful he was.
Agreed; that student makes that same style crack about Jews or Muslims and they'd never hear the end of it.....but make a crack about Christians and you get crickets....

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
And a dozen years from now when he's up for a promotion at work into a job that requires him to make decisions, somebody will dig this up and say, "hey, what about when you said....."

Howard

It's an atheist trying to spark a fight with people. Arguing with this kind of atheist is a complete waste of time. They don't want to be convinced. Their goal is to save people from religion or in other words dissuade you from believing in a god of any kind. TLDR They just want to talk trash about your religion to your face. It's a back and forth dog fight with no results.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Should never have been seen by anyone if people were doing their jobs. From the article:

Meanwhile, in Richmond County School System spokesman Kaden Jacobs said yearbooks in his district are reviewed by administrators and yearbook advisers.

Over at Greenbrier High School, staff went back and covered a student's controversial quote on every single yearbook that went out.

The quote was a sexual reference from "The Wolf of Wall Street."

Bluezone777

From the article...

"He didn't mean anything by it, I'm sure," Gray said. "He wasn't targeting religious people because he is religious."

lol that's funny stuff right here. I am pretty sure no one is fooled into believing he 's religious as the quote is textbook anti theist material. Just own your atheist label or quit firing off insults at religious people if you aren't willing to own up to who you are.

Also from article...

"According to Abbigail Remkus with Columbia County, district principals will meet to discuss challenges with having the opportunity to provide quotes and how to move forward. "

It's not that hard guys to tell when someone intends on insulting a person or a group of people. Well unless you work for a school because apparently being educated is not required in order to teach others. I wonder how that works.

Also from article...

"These days, the Board of Education is deciding whether yearbook quotes should be allowed at all."

Yes, if one kid misuses his privileges means no one should have them because the minority who can't use their privileges properly should decide who can have any privileges or rights here. Let's not just punish those who misuse their privilege(s) because that would be too hard and require being educated which we already establish isn't required to operate a school.

With schools like this, it's a miracle anyone educated or with good sense graduates out of them.

Top Bottom