• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

The Quatermass Xperiment (1955)

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Quatermass Xperiment

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Val Guest

Cast: Brian Donlevy, Richard Wordsworth, David King-Wood, Jack Warner, Margia Dean, Maurice Kaufmann, John Wynn, Lionel Jeffries, Harold Lang, Jane Asher, Toke Townley, Gordon Jackson, Thora Hird, Sam Kydd, Margaret Anderson, Eric Corrie, Henry B. Longhurst, Ernest Hare, Michael Godfrey, Marianne Stone, John Kerr, Bartlett Mullins, Mayne Lynton, Barry Lowe, Jane Aird, Molly Glessing, Arthur Gross, Basil Dignam, Donald Gray, Gron Davies, Stanley Van Beers, Arthur Lovegrove

Release: 1955-08-26

Runtime: 82

Plot: Professor Bernard Quatermass is in charge of a rocket mission that has gone awry. They loose contact with the spaceship and have no idea how far into space it may have traveled. When the rocket crash lands they find that only one of the three occupants, Victor Carroon, is on board; the others have simply vanished. Slowly, the surviving astronaut begins to transform into a deadly creature.

DrLeftover

I thought I'd figure out how to create a thread in here.

As this movie was just on, yes, this laughable thing from 1955 with the "astronaut that turns into a killer cactus" was just on, I thought it would make a good test subject.

On the whole "Quatermass and the Pit" (also billed as: "Five Million Years to Earth") was a MUCH better movie.

Both are available for download or online viewing, but, why kill perfectly good electrons with the first one?

The Pit version:

--

DrLeftover

So, whether you want to or not, the software will spam the first post with a commercial for the movie through the "database".

I hope the board gets paid for that.

--

APS

Unarmed
I remember Quatermass & the Pit being on telly in the 50's and our mother wouldn't let us watch :)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom