• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

The Night Sky

Jazzy

Forum Admin
I do too and here in Minnesota there is so much sky and so many stars :)
Same here but it was overcast and I couldn't see this: For the first time in 70 years the 'Strawberry' Full Moon during the Summer Solstice, June 20th, 2016
Did you get to see it?

J

Justbec

No not really.. To me it just had a bit of an orange/pink tint. It was pretty but nothing like that video.

J

Justbec

I hear you. I never got to see anything when we lived in New York because of the 'light pollution'. Out here in Minnesota you can see forever.

J

Justbec

The moon reaches first quarter on July 12 at 0:52 UTC. At U.S. time zones, that means the first quarter moon occurs on July 11 at 8:52 p.m. EDT, 7:52 p.m. CDT, 6:52 p.m. MDT and 5:52 p.m. PDT.

At quarter moon, the moon’s disk appears half-illuminated in sunshine and half-engulfed in the moon’s own shadow.

The lunar terminator – the shadow line dividing the lunar day from the lunar night – shows you where it’s sunrise on the moon as it waxes from new moon to full moon.

Top Bottom