• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

The Matrix (1999)

D

Daniel

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Matrix

Tagline: Welcome to the Real World.

Genre: Adventure, Action, Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Lilly Wachowski, Lana Wachowski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Hugo Weaving, Gloria Foster, Joe Pantoliano, Marcus Chong, Paul Goddard, Robert Taylor, Julian Arahanga, Matt Doran, Belinda McClory, Anthony Ray Parker, David Aston, Marc Aden, Ada Nicodemou, Deni Gordon, Rowan Witt, Eleanor Witt, Tamara Brown, Janaya Pender, Adryn White, Natalie Tjen, Bill Young, David O'Connor, Jeremy Ball, Fiona Johnson, Harry Lawrence, Steve Dodd, Luke Quinton, Lawrence Woodward, Michael Butcher, Bernard Ledger, Robert Simper, Chris Pattinson, Nigel Harbach

Release: 1999-03-30

Runtime: 136

Plot: Thomas A. Anderson is a man living two lives. By day he is an average computer programmer and by night a malevolent hacker known as Neo, who finds himself targeted by the police when he is contacted by Morpheus, a legendary computer hacker, who reveals the shocking truth about our reality.

D

Daniel

This is one of the movies out of the trilogy but I absolutely recommend this movie :) maybe not for the entire family but I recommend it nonetheless :)

I have watched all three countless times!

Howard

Same here. I didn't see Neo having any reason to live after the war with the machines or after Trinity died. People would like to argue that he lived. But than I think he'd just be miserable as seeing his gf is gone. So that debate does not make sense.

D

Daniel

Same here. I didn't see Neo having any reason to live after the war with the machines or after Trinity died. People would like to argue that he lived. But than I think he'd just be miserable as seeing his gf is gone. So that debate does not make sense.
Yes, however I do think that the Architect could come up with another plan and then the system would come in with another "Neo".

Every time I get to the end of the 3rd movie I always want there to be more but I'm not sure if I actually do.

I constantly come across all of the "rumors" of a Matrix 4 but I kinda worry about such an extension coming out.

Kaunisto

I've seen them couple times, as well as Animatrix.

I don't understand why so many people think the second film is as bad as third, IMO it's still OK. Not that I'd actually hate the last one either.

Howard

I constantly come across all of the "rumors" of a Matrix 4 but I kinda worry about such an extension coming out.
If they wanted to make another Matrix, it'd have to be a prequel between the first and the second film. That way there would be some time and some explorable story. I think it would make sense and cause less criticism between fans and critics.

D

Daniel

If they wanted to make another Matrix, it'd have to be a prequel between the first and the second film. That way there would be some time and some explorable story. I think it would make sense and cause less criticism between fans and critics.
Hmm, true. That'd be fairly interesting but all the same I'm content with them leaving it as is.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom