The Exorcist (1973)

APS

Unarmed
4.33 star(s) Rating: 4.33/5 3 Votes
Title: The Exorcist

Tagline: Something almost beyond comprehension is happening to a girl on this street, in this house... and a man has been sent for as a last resort. This man

Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller

Director: William Friedkin

Cast: Linda Blair, Max von Sydow, Ellen Burstyn, Jason Miller, Lee J. Cobb, Kitty Winn, William O'Malley, Jack MacGowran, Barton Heyman, Peter Masterson, Rudolf Schündler, Robert Symonds, Titos Vandis, Donna Mitchell, Robert Gerringer, Mercedes McCambridge, Eileen Dietz

Release: 1973-12-26

Runtime: 122

Plot: 12-year-old Regan MacNeil begins to adapt an explicit new personality as strange events befall the local area of Georgetown. Her mother becomes torn between science and superstition in a desperate bid to save her daughter, and ultimately turns to her last hope: Father Damien Karras, a troubled priest who is struggling with his own faith.

APS

Unarmed
I've put this under horror because I think that is what it was meant to be.
Personally I found it a bit lacking in horror.

Kaunisto

I think it's a great film the first time you see it, but has little interest to watch again.
Then again that's typical for horror.

beowulf

I
Personally I found it a bit lacking in horror.
youve got to remember this movie is over 40 years old!....i can remember it coming out and how terryfying it was supposed to be.....i was 12 so didnt get to see it for a few years..........i read the book and enjoyed it.........finally got to see the movie on video and nearly fell asleep..........not really the films fault but cos id read the book i was expecting more somehow....but then ive never been into horror anyway

otis booard

"Levotur5" by Ondraid Kots
The message that it sends to me is that there is always a force of good willing to step in wherever evil occurs.

And yes, thematically scary but not so much so visually, abut it is 40 years old!

Mandy

Didn't scare me either. The only thing that movie did was turn me off to pea soup!
I wish my head could rotate like that.

Wait! That has now got me wondering, how did she not keel over after the devil/demon left her? Wouldn't that damage the body?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom