The Booze Thread

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
Today's REASON TO DRINK comes from the Windy City itself:

Chicago Tribune

Chicago speed cameras now ticket drivers going 6 mph over. The new rules resulted in about 300,000 citations and $11 million in fines in the first 2 months.​

Mayor Lightfoot, AKA "woke Bozo", has Community Members gunning each other down in the street a block from City Hall, but she can pass out traffic citations for this.

DrLeftover

Today's Reason To Drink is in the restroom at Illinois State Schools:

Menstrual products now required in boys' and girls' school bathrooms​

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WICS/WRSP) — Students will soon find free menstrual products in their school bathrooms.

The hygiene products will now be required in all girls' and boys' bathrooms for grades fourth through 12th.

The bill goes into effect immediately.

DrLeftover

Today's "Reason To Drink" comes courtesy of Covid 19

We've been quarantined for a week, in SPITE of a negative test because this area is overrun with Delta and Mu, and, apparently, they don't always show up on the test when they're supposed to.....

AND

My wife, who had a mild stroke earlier this year, has been having a bad week.

Part of my "zombie invasion" emergency supplies was a bottle or two of

12202506944542.png

One of them is now open.

DrLeftover

TODAY'S "reason to drink" is from the BBC:

A California man is suing a psychic who he says falsely claimed she could remove a curse put on his marriage by a witch hired by his ex-girlfriend.
Mauro Restrepo said Sophia Adams promised she could save his marriage if he paid $5,100 (£3,742) to exorcise the spell, according to a fraud suit filed with the Torrance Superior Court.
Ms Adams allegedly told Mr Restrepo he and his family would be "unhappy and in danger" if the curse was not lifted.
He is now seeking $25,000 in damages.
Included among several other allegations made by Mr Restrepo are charges of negligence, civil conspiracy and both intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress.

after you read what her website says, you made need a double!

DrLeftover

For today's reason its Thanksgiving here (y)

Do you mind if I toast your holiday with some cheap Kentucky Bourbon instead?

I usually find Canadian whisky too sweet. But, of course, if you buy it, I'll not insult you by refusing to drink it. I only do that with Ouzo, I just can't get that down.

DrLeftover

Today's reason makes one want to boycott Irish whisky:

Israel is trying to “accomplish Jewish supremacy,” deputy chairperson of the lower house of Ireland’s parliament Catherine Connolly wrote in a parliamentary question this month.
Connolly presented Israeli “Jewish supremacy” as a fact, asking Irish Foreign Minister Simon Coveney if by his ministry’s “indicating support for the Jewish character of the Israeli state agrees with the treatment by Israel of Palestinian communities in its attempts to accomplish Jewish supremacy.”

Top Bottom