• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

The best era of gaming

Kaunisto

Each genre has its golden era, so it's hard to choose one.
Also, do we judge games as it would've been to play at the day or as they are to play today or subjectively based on when you happened to play them? I makes huge difference whether pre-WWW era games are considered as they had to be played without walkthrough/FAQ or with all the help of internet today.
And that's one way to define era of gaming itself: it was entirely different playing at the times when at best you could hope that a gaming magazine would say something about the game you're stuck in.

All that said, I still love the time I started gaming, the early 90's. Developing technology - mouse was a relatively new thing, sound cards, computing power was rising, not to mention appearance of CD - opened new possibilities and among the attempts to make most of this there are all kinds of wacky ideas.
And that was the golden era of JRPGs (16-bit), adventure games (Lucas, Sierra), last hurrah of D&D games (until Baldur's Gate and other later glimpses of light in darkness of action-RPGs) and my beloved space flight sims.

Beaky

blah
honestly there is no best era old games have been great just as much as more recent games have been and im sure there will be some more gems in the years to come

but i do believe when virtual reality advances so much you can fully imerse yourself into a world that will be known as a golden age of gaming

Top Bottom