The Age Old Debate...

D

Daniel

Well...really this isn't much of a debate seeing as each has it's application's depending on who's using it.

However, it's always fun to see where these chats go...so with that being said I am going to say the following...

Windows, OS X or Linux?

APS

Unarmed
Windows 10,have always been a windows person.
Tried Linux but just couldn't take to it.

D

Daniel

@APS I actually really love Linux myself, however right now I still like to hop in and play a game once in awhile which is still a slight be of an issue on Linux but not terribly.

If I ever have some extra money laying around I may build a linux machine as a toy :p though I think by then it could even be a main driver :p
I'd just need a OS X or Windows based PC for work related things.

Evil Eye

Well-Known Stalker
Ideally I'd probably be running Windows inside a Linux-based VM (performance willing, basically). But I'm just running Windows 7 and have little intention of actually setting that up any time soon.

D

Daniel

Ideally I'd probably be running Windows inside a Linux-based VM (performance willing, basically). But I'm just running Windows 7 and have little intention of actually setting that up any time soon.
That'd be a fun project...and yeah a VM can put a damper on performance with certain things depending on the available hardware.

Evil Eye

Well-Known Stalker
That'd be a fun project...and yeah a VM can put a damper on performance with certain things depending on the available hardware.
Yup.
And I'd want to be able to run it side-by-side with at least one other OS, so that puts a bit of further strain on the system. Would be a bit time consuming to set up, I imagine.

D

Daniel

Yup.
And I'd want to be able to run it side-by-side with at least one other OS, so that puts a bit of further strain on the system. Would be a bit time consuming to set up, I imagine.
Yeah more or less :p figure in installation time and patching time for the O.S.'s and yeah you'd want a host system that has plenty of hardware...ram CPU power etc.

Ghoul

OS X or mac OS as it is now known. It suits me better and I live firmly inside Apple's ecosystem so everything plays nicely together.

CommanderMadi

Don't Make Me Destroy You
Windows for power, OSX for speed. I use both on daily basis for both my work nature and my programming activities.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
Several years ago a friend gave me a Linux machine.

I gave it a fair shot.

I just didn't like it, and after about three months, I wasn't using it.

Top Bottom