• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

The Age Old Debate...

D

Daniel

Well...really this isn't much of a debate seeing as each has it's application's depending on who's using it.

However, it's always fun to see where these chats go...so with that being said I am going to say the following...

Windows, OS X or Linux?

APS

Unarmed
Windows 10,have always been a windows person.
Tried Linux but just couldn't take to it.

D

Daniel

@APS I actually really love Linux myself, however right now I still like to hop in and play a game once in awhile which is still a slight be of an issue on Linux but not terribly.

If I ever have some extra money laying around I may build a linux machine as a toy :p though I think by then it could even be a main driver :p
I'd just need a OS X or Windows based PC for work related things.

Evil Eye

Well-Known Stalker
Ideally I'd probably be running Windows inside a Linux-based VM (performance willing, basically). But I'm just running Windows 7 and have little intention of actually setting that up any time soon.

D

Daniel

Ideally I'd probably be running Windows inside a Linux-based VM (performance willing, basically). But I'm just running Windows 7 and have little intention of actually setting that up any time soon.
That'd be a fun project...and yeah a VM can put a damper on performance with certain things depending on the available hardware.

Evil Eye

Well-Known Stalker
That'd be a fun project...and yeah a VM can put a damper on performance with certain things depending on the available hardware.
Yup.
And I'd want to be able to run it side-by-side with at least one other OS, so that puts a bit of further strain on the system. Would be a bit time consuming to set up, I imagine.

D

Daniel

Yup.
And I'd want to be able to run it side-by-side with at least one other OS, so that puts a bit of further strain on the system. Would be a bit time consuming to set up, I imagine.
Yeah more or less :p figure in installation time and patching time for the O.S.'s and yeah you'd want a host system that has plenty of hardware...ram CPU power etc.

Ghoul

OS X or mac OS as it is now known. It suits me better and I live firmly inside Apple's ecosystem so everything plays nicely together.

CommanderMadi

Don't Make Me Destroy You
Windows for power, OSX for speed. I use both on daily basis for both my work nature and my programming activities.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
Several years ago a friend gave me a Linux machine.

I gave it a fair shot.

I just didn't like it, and after about three months, I wasn't using it.

Top Bottom