Terror watch list violates constitutional rights

Jazzy

Forum Admin
The government’s watch list of more than 1 million people identified as “known or suspected terrorists” violates the constitutional rights of those placed on it, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

More
--------------------
Do you agree or disagree with this ruling and why?

psalms91

I disagree, they need to keep track of people who may be dangerous

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
I disagree, they need to keep track of people who may be dangerous
That's just it isn't it?

IF the list were of those who had known and demonstrable connections to organizations who promote harming others as a valid way to make a statement, which takes in everything from the Taliban to the infamous "animal liberation front", then I don't think anybody would have a problem with it.

However, it has become politicized and now those whose personal political views are just "unpopular" are on it.

Bluezone777

The problem is often that dangerous is often defined as those who oppose a specific political ideology not the lives or welfare of others. History is full of such men who used this very same reason to justify the death and brutal treatment of many who were deemed dangerous by the political ideology in power simply for refusing to bend a knee to it out of whatever convictions led them to stand opposed to it.

psalms91

That's just it isn't it?

IF the list were of those who had known and demonstrable connections to organizations who promote harming others as a valid way to make a statement, which takes in everything from the Taliban to the infamous "animal liberation front", then I don't think anybody would have a problem with it.

However, it has become politicized and now those whose personal political views are just "unpopular" are on it.

If that is the case then that list is dangerous and should be done away with

TRUE LIBERTY

This won’t stand, it will move up in the courts. Anyways if this was the final ruling when the next terrorist attack happens that kills hundreds or thousands and the public learns about this people will want heads to roll.

Top Bottom