Switched at Birth

Mandy

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Switched at Birth

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2011-06-06

Creator: Lizzy Weiss

Cast: Vanessa Marano, Katie Leclerc, Lucas Grabeel, Lea Thompson, Constance Marie, D.W. Moffett

Overview: The story of two teenage girls who discover they were accidentally switched as newborns in the hospital. Bay Kennish grew up in a wealthy family with two parents and a brother, while Daphne Vasquez, who lost her hearing at an early age due to a case of meningitis, grew up with a single mother in a working-class neighborhood. Things come to a dramatic head when both families meet and struggle to learn how to live together for the sake of the girls.

Mandy

I'm sad that it will be ending soon. The final season starts in January. It was nice to have a show with deaf characters. I learned a few signs from it lol.

April

Resident Readaholic
Switched at Birth
The Call
Season: 5
Episode: 1
Air date: 2017-01-31

Daphne and Bay are so enthralled with China that they stay longer than anticipated, but after 10 months, they get an emergency call and drop everything to return home. Once there, Daphne tries to integrate herself back into campus life but finds that things have changed without her. Bay is mixed up about her feelings towards Emmett who is struggling with his own problems. Meanwhile, Kathryn and John quarrel over her job and Regina feels guilty about a secret tryst.

I love this show also! :) It's so different because of how they incorporate the deaf community and I like the way in which they do it.

I was a bit confused by something in the most recent episode though (Season 5, episode 1)... and maybe it's because I'm not familiar with Lil Wayne at all (since I hate rap) but I really didn't see what the other students found offensive about Mingo's costume... ?! Was it because he's white? That seems a little ridiculous to get so upset about, in my opinion, if that's indeed what the problem was. But I feel like I'm missing something there, I've tried to search it online but can't really find any definitive answer. o_O

Angel

No Drama Zone!
I didn't watch it last night because I got so busy doing other things. But, I will watch tonight. I love this show too. I will let you know what I think of the new season after I see it tonight.

April

Resident Readaholic
I didn't watch it last night because I got so busy doing other things. But, I will watch tonight. I love this show too. I will let you know what I think of the new season after I see it tonight.
Sounds good. :p I didn't watch it last night either, because I don't make the fiancé suffer through it, lol. (it's not his type of show) So I usually DVR it and then watch it the next day, or whenever I have free time when he's at work.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom