Suggestion - Resolved Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aoki

._.
Can we get a promotion category like advertise your forum also put rules like you need 20 posts or 25.

Not trying to steal members or anything but maybe it could help bring members to other forums that may be interested. :p

Bluezone777

How would this benefit the community at large? I honestly don't see how that would benefit this community to have a place such as that on there and any change to the board should ultimately benefit the community at large.

You are more then welcome to use your sig for that purpose and it would get far more exposure then any thread in a forum dedicated to adverts. I recall during my time on Wober, I rarely ever even stepped foot into that part of the board outside of the rare time I was to post a thread or bump an existing one that I created. I think many others would say the same of themselves as well which is why I am not for it but that's just my two cents I suppose.

Bluezone777

To be fair, that thread you linked didn't get a whole lot of discussion on the matter before it was archived so I can see why he would have posted this thread even if he saw that one already.

Aoki

._.
How would this benefit the community at large? I honestly don't see how that would benefit this community to have a place such as that on there and any change to the board should ultimately benefit the community at large.

You are more then welcome to use your sig for that purpose and it would get far more exposure then any thread in a forum dedicated to adverts. I recall during my time on Wober, I rarely ever even stepped foot into that part of the board outside of the rare time I was to post a thread or bump an existing one that I created. I think many others would say the same of themselves as well which is why I am not for it but that's just my two cents I suppose.
Bring more activity on other forums just like this forum but sometimes most forum owners and members think we are trying to steal members but really we're just trying to bring more traffic to our forum boards which can be helpful at times. But if signature advertising is allowed I don't mind but signature advertising just looks messy lol and not that many people look at signatures.

Ghost

Shadows of Crow
I feel like newly starting boards have no need for a forum promotion forum, at least not yet.

Personally I'm fine with Jazzy and DaveM's reasoning of being too new and having one might detract from the forum itself, and plus I honestly don't think general forums really need one especially since signature advertising is allowed.

Bluezone777

Putting up a site ad forum only attracts people who join just to post adverts. Putting up post count limits just encourages them to make as low quality posts as possible that won't get them in trouble followed by an advert once they hit the limit and the only thing they will do is post replies to their ad to bump it. If the post count limit is too high then they won't even use the section to begin with and regardless of what post count limits you have, there are always those people who post ads regardless if they have enough posts or not because they simply don't care about the board so much so that they won't even respect the rules of said board and only want to use it to post adverts.

It might get you more posts and members but neither of them will be of the sort of quality that you want for a board such as this one which is why I am against it. It creates more work for staff to monitor the section without any worthwhile benefit to the community as a whole.

Ridley

I completely agree with you. I don't see the need for a promotion category here on the forum either. That's what signatures are for. It gives users the option to promote their sites that way if they chose to do so. Like you, I hardly ever stepped foot in the old promotion category on the old forum either. It was just a spot that took up unneeded room there. The forum staff here would have to take on an extra load and many people would just join up to post their sites, just like you said. A Promotion category does not need to be on a general discussion forum at all. That's what promotion forums are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom