State of Illinois now essentially CLOSED

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
(quoted)
ILLINOIS (WCIA) — Governor JB Pritzker announced all bars and restaurants will be closed Monday, March 16 due to COVID-19.
Pritzker announced this at a press conference Sunday.
Bars and restaurants will be closed until March 30

Restaurants will be allowed to hold drive-thru and pickups.
(end quote)
developing story

Snog

Same here. The county just west of us has ordered all non-essential businesses to close for at least the next 7 days.

But that's not the scary part. What's scary is I'm seeing more and more people not understanding why this all has to happen. :(

Howard

But that's not the scary part. What's scary is I'm seeing more and more people not understanding why this all has to happen. :(
I agree. Some people will make light of a disease until they get it. Than they aren't downplaying it anymore. People will downplay things while they're afraid of admitting that it is a problem. I admit. I'm nervous.

TRUE LIBERTY

I agree. Some people will make light of a disease until they get it. Than they aren't downplaying it anymore. People will downplay things while they're afraid of admitting that it is a problem. I admit. I'm nervous.
I am not making light of the disease it should have the resources just like any other to treat it. I am making light of this holy stupid world reaction to a virus that doesn’t deserve ruining millions of lives and economies. When you way the overall deaths compared to all the other viruses that kill tens of thousands of people every year and doesn't discriminate who it gets in contact with unlike this one which 99% people are going to barely know they had it. And the media was worried no one was paying attention to their crap anymore, lol!

Howard

I am not making light of the disease it should have the resources just like any other to treat it. I am making light of this holy stupid world reaction to a virus that doesn’t deserve ruining millions of lives and economies.
My question is this. How is thing even in America to begin with?

I've searched Google for answers and I can't even find an article anywhere to answer that question period. It's downright aggravating.

and my last question.

Why did they let the infected citizens who had it back into the USA? They should have not let them in for 2-3 months until they were over the disease. They don't let you back in if you have TB. They should have treated this the same way.

Snog

My question is this. How is thing even in America to begin with?

I've searched Google for answers and I can't even find an article anywhere to answer that question period. It's downright aggravating.

and my last question.

Why did they let the infected citizens who had it back into the USA? They should have not let them in for 2-3 months until they were over the disease. They don't let you back in if you have TB. They should have treated this the same way.
The answer is really quite simple. It spread worldwide by people traveling between countries. And because it's so infectious, it spread more rapidly than anyone anticipated and before governments could react.

China didn't help matters when they didn't report it quickly to the WHO, which allowed it to begin spreading for a while before anyone was even aware it existed.

The US is attempting so slow it's spread, which is why everything is happening the way it is now.

DrLeftover

(quoted)
ILLINOIS, Ill. (WCIA) — State parks will be shutting down.

This includes fish and wildlife areas, recreational areas and historic sites. All upcoming events are canceled.

IDNR will make an announcement when it plans to reopen.
(end quote)

DrLeftover

Illinois:

Governor’s Executive Order: What it Means

with text and audio

Top Bottom