Space exploration

Jazzy

Forum Admin
What’s the point of space exploration, besides curiosity?

Wouldn’t the resources spent on space exploration be better served to improve Earth?

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
That's how Earth has been improved.

Everything from computers to convenience food has been either invented, perfected, or made practical through the Space Program.

Not to mention the direct observation of the planet from orbiting platforms.

Vince284

I believe if we don’t reach-out don’t try to do things that are thought impossible or unpractical, then we don’t learn, we don’t invent, and we achieve very little. Just about every civilization that ventured out, invented or brought back knowledge and information to benefit their society or destroy it, but they learned something.

Kaunisto

Presumably there comes a point where we can harvest rare-earth elements from somewhere. And we are close to making space tourism viable.
And I suppose the aim of all exploration is to not only search and research new areas but to eventually colonize them, be it Moon, Mars, Titan or some exoplanet.
In great scale, mankind and civilization is fragile and vulnerable as long as we're confined to this one planet. If we are able to spread to the stars, no single disaster can destroy us. Well, not as easily, at least.

Beaky

blah
over population and a lack of resources to maintain it thhis is why we need space exploration

Top Bottom