• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Selfish dad kills 5 in rage or mentally ill?

Jazzy

Forum Admin
A South Carolina father facing a death penalty trial in the slayings of his five children exploded in a selfish rage after his son ruined an electrical outlet and then spent days driving around with their bodies, trying to figure out how to hide the crime, prosecutors said Tuesday,

But in the defense's opening statement, Timothy Jones Jr.'s lawyer said the computer engineer had schizophrenia and was insane — his thin grasp on reality broken by his ex-wife's infidelity, the struggle of raising five young children on his own and a feeling he was failing God.

Read more
------------------
Do you buy he was insane when he did this? Why or Why Not?

Howard

Graham said prosecutors are convinced that Jones knew right from wrong.
The prosecutors are convinced he's not insane from what I read the article I think he should get the Death Penalty. He deserves it. If someone who is human behaves like a rabid dog, than they should be treated as such and be put down. This man violated his children's rights. All 5 of them. So why should anyone argue for his rights? Why not just kill him too because that's what he did to his kids. I think that debate should be very short and he should be sentenced right away and be put to death as humanly possible.

psalms91

I would like to see a lot more before making a judgement on this.

psalms91

If sane then if convicted he should get life without parole if not sane then locked away for the rest of his life

Beaky

blah
first of all who are we to decide who lives and who dies? what gives us the right?

second.. he should live with the guilt death is to easy

third.... why does god come into all the damn time

Bluezone777

The fact he went out of his way to coverup his crime suggests he was fully aware of what he did and what it could mean for him if people found out about it. That should convince any judge and jury to throw out the insanity plea and charge him for his crime.

If insane, how did all this get missed when they were deciding which of the parents gets full custody of the kids? It either means he wasn't insane or they made a massive failure in deciding custody of the kids and it cost them their lives for it. Which scenario of the two is more likely here?

Top Bottom