Science experiment/project from school

Jazzy

Forum Admin
What was your most memorable science experiment/project from school?

Kaunisto

Hair moss spores are fun stuff. For one, if you put them on top of water, you can stick your finger in there and it remains dry because the surface tension is increased.
They are also very tiny particles which makes them flammable. If you have pile of them on spoon and put that in fire, they just scorch, burning slowly. But if you pour them in the air above the flame... WOOOSSHH!!
We of course encouraged our teacher. "Do a bigger one, do a bigger one!" He did. About half meter wide pillar, a mushroom cloud of fire rose to roof, spreading there. (And that was far from lowest classroom.)

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
I have done more experimentation, and am planning to do more, studying the various aspects of Alchemy than we did in all my K-12 years and multiple years of college and even professional training classes, one of which had a lab where we got to play with fiber optics... except they had us in teams of three to do the lab work, so our individual hands on time with the cable and light emitter was minimal at best.

Top Bottom