School shootings

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Debate Statement: School shootings in America are due to mental health issues.

Debate Question: Do you agree or disagree and why?

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
I agree with Swish.

Mental Health is a good place to start, but there is also gang affiliations, criminal activity such as drug trafficking, racial incidents, and so on that may have input into the equation.

Snog

If it's possible, I both agree and disagree.

There has to be something mentally wrong for someone to shoot another person under any circumstances other than self defense.

But since the mid 90's, there has also been a marked rise in school shootings that aren't related to gangs. So something is driving it. I don't know what that rise can be attributed to, but there may be social, economic or other pressures influencing the rise. I tend to believe that at least part of the rise can be attributed to the near instant national news coverage and the want/need to be in the national spotlight.

However, even with that we go back to the problem of a person having to have some sort of mental condition to shoot another person.

J

jy55

Bullying is the cause I think - always. That's a mental health issue. But, I don't really know how to stop it. Well, one way is by separating people - but in my case - I was bullied in my hometown - for just teaching English to people of another race. So should the make a separate areas of the county for me? :D

Top Bottom