• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Salon.com, about to go under?

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
(quoted)
Salon Media Announces $5 Million Sale, ‘Bankruptcy and Liquidation’ Threatened If Deal Fails
“We have agreed to sell substantially all of our assets,” the company says in a SEC filing

Salon Media says they have reached an 11th hour deal to sell the company and its flagship property Salon.com for $5 million. In an SEC filing, Salon also revealed its position was dire and that it would face imminent “bankruptcy and liquidation” if the deal should fall through.

“We have agreed to sell substantially all of our assets (the “Asset Sale”), including all pertinent intellectual property rights comprising the Company’s business of owning, operating and publishing the website known as Salon.com,” the filing read.

The company buying Salon was named only as Salon.com LLC and appeared to be getting an even better deal than the top line figures first suggest. To complete the sale, the buyer need only pay $550,000 at closing, with an additional $100,000 left in an escrow account. The filing also showed that a deposit of $500,000 had already been paid.

(end quote)

I guess their way of doing things didn't pay off in the long run. Funny that.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
May be sad for some but it ain’t fake news and all news is bias on all sides.
Wikipedia editors voted to ban Breitbart as a source of fact in it articles. The consensus, reached late last month, agreed that the outlet “should not be used, ever, as a reference for facts, due to its unreliability.

Breitbart, a far-right conservative media website, has come under scrutiny—such as when it vehemently supported Alabama politician and alleged pedophile Roy Moore, when it shilled for scam cryptocurrencies through its newsletter, or when it fueled racist narratives about black NFL players. Wikipedians decided that because fact checkers have found much of Breitbart’s coverage to be “misleading, false or both,” they won’t abide it as a source of fact anymore.

More--->Wikipedia Bans Right Wing Site Breitbart as a Source for Facts

You were sayin' what again, TL?

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
Wikipedia editors voted to ban Breitbart as a source of fact in it articles. The consensus, reached late last month, agreed that the outlet “should not be used, ever, as a reference for facts, due to its unreliability.

Breitbart, a far-right conservative media website, has come under scrutiny—such as when it vehemently supported Alabama politician and alleged pedophile Roy Moore, when it shilled for scam cryptocurrencies through its newsletter, or when it fueled racist narratives about black NFL players. Wikipedians decided that because fact checkers have found much of Breitbart’s coverage to be “misleading, false or both,” they won’t abide it as a source of fact anymore.

And that does nothing to hurt Breitbart.

Not long after it started, I was a registered editor with Wikipedia, some of the pages I worked on are STILL there, you just have to dig through the edit trail to see my name.

The editorial staff at Wikipedia was so Cliquish, and so defensive, and showed so much favoritism to "THEIR" people, including allowing their buddies to break page standard rules and then drop the hammer on those who weren't IN, AND they knew it, and reveled in it, and would send emails saying things like "that is just the way it is."

Which is why I still DO NOT use Wikipedia as a reference when I do Mystery Series or other articles needed source citations.

TRUE LIBERTY

Much of the above is not true so that’s funny. And Well I stopped using Wikipedia as a trusted source over a decade ago so that ban is a joke that’s what I’m saying.

Top Bottom