• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Ring (1998)

Kaunisto

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Ring

Tagline: One curse, one cure, one week to find it

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Hideo Nakata

Cast: Nanako Matsushima, Miki Nakatani, Hiroyuki Sanada, Yuko Takeuchi, Hitomi Satô, Yôichi Numata, Yutaka Matsushige, Katsumi Muramatsu, Rikiya Ôtaka

Release: 1998-01-31

Runtime: 96

Plot: A mysterious video has been linked to a number of deaths, and when an inquisitive journalist finds the tape and views it herself, she sets in motion a chain of events that puts her own life in danger.

Worldwide

Hard to believe how old that movie is now. I am a big liker of horrors but that one was a good movie.

Kaunisto

I last year got box of Ringu 1, 2 & 0. I think I've first Ring.
This original (actually there is a TV version before even this) is great. Ringu 2 was disappointing. Ringu 0: Birthday is rather different, but I liked it better than 2.

Ring movies are an unbelievable mess. I once tried to make sense of them I'll copy my old post from elsewhere. (Note that here I'm referring Ringu as "Ring" and American ones as "The Ring").

Here's all the Ring films:
- Ring: Kanzenban is a TV movie based on the original book
- Ring is movie based on the book, followed by sequel Ring 2 and prequel Ring 0: Birthday which is partially based on 4th book (that is a short story anthology, unlike other books)
- Ring aka The Ring Virus is Korean film supposedly based on the book, but taking elements from Japanese Ring movie
- American film The Ring is based on the Japanese Ring movie, followed by sequel The Ring 2 (and "Rings", short film DVD extra set between 1&2) and upcoming Rings (previously known as The Ring 3D)
- Rasen(=Spiral) is Japanese film based on 2nd book "Spiral"; it does not fit in same continuity as Ring 1/2/0
- Sadako 3D is a sequel to Rasen, based on 5th book "S"; it was followed by sequel Sadako 3D 2
- coming up this summer, Sadako vs. Kayako is crossover of Ring and Ju-on aka Grudge

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom