Right age for marriage

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
Paraphrased:
Saudi marriage officiant Dr. Ahmad al-Mu'bi told Lebanese television viewers last week that it's permissible for girls as young as 1 (year old) to marry - as long as sex is postponed.
Al-Mu'bi's remarkable comments also included an explanation that "there is no minimal age for entering marriage."
June, 2008
MORE: including his example from the life of the Prophet...

TRUE LIBERTY

Paraphrased:

MORE: including his example from the life of the Prophet...

No, but you see that’s ok you can’t go around picking on that religion. ;)

DrLeftover

I wasn't picking on anything.

The Saudi official stated it on a public broadcast.

Somebody will inevitably point out some ridiculously low marriageable age from some US State, so I just beat them to the punch with an International Example. There are others, including a select few from Africa and South America that have similarly ludicrous and outdated standards.

And now, in honor of my first post of the day.... I'm going to have "a shot and a beer".

Thank you for your time.

DrLeftover

You ever try American Honey(Wild Turkey)?

Yes, when it first came out. It wasn't bad, but, again, if I want honey in something, including tea, toast, a biscuit, or booze, I'll add it myself.

J

jy55

It depends on the situation - but honestly, the postponement of marriage, among other things - is why we have the immigration, population problems we now have in the west - and while I despise hate groups - they will inevitably pop up to complain of it.

But, many want a college degree these days - and nobody wants to sacrifice to build a family.

Top Bottom