Really resent paying

APS

Unarmed
Don't think there is anything I resent paying for.
Some of the prices for various things though I think are way too high.

Bluezone777

There is nothing in life that's free as someone is paying for it if the person getting it is not. I can't think of anything I resent paying for because I get that things cost something and if you want it then you should pay for it. It doesn't mean however that the price you do pay is necessarily right which I can understand why someone might resent paying for something on the grounds that it is priced far too high.

Snog

School taxes.

Why...
1) We live in a commercial zone (mostly stores with residences above them)
2) We don't have any children in school

Bluezone777

I can say that even if you don't have kids of your own in school, other people do and those children are going to eventually grow up and take over the many jobs throughout the country that one lives in and I personally would want them to receive the best education so I don't suffer under the ignorance of a generation due to me being unwilling to pay for it. This is why I wouldn't be bothered to pay taxes for schools even if I don't have kids in them or go myself anymore. I know I once was in school and benefited from it and would want the next generation to get the same benefits of schooling that I got.

Snog

I can say that even if you don't have kids of your own in school, other people do and those children are going to eventually grow up and take over the many jobs throughout the country that one lives in and I personally would want them to receive the best education so I don't suffer under the ignorance of a generation due to me being unwilling to pay for it. This is why I wouldn't be bothered to pay taxes for schools even if I don't have kids in them or go myself anymore. I know I once was in school and benefited from it and would want the next generation to get the same benefits of schooling that I got.
I wouldn't mind paying if every working person in the city paid the tax. But, it's only home/building owners that pay it. In our case out of about 14,000 working people in the city, only 6800 pay the school tax.

Howard

Property tax right here in Missouri. I think it's road side robbery. To pay for what you already own is bullsh*t period. It's a con so the government can take your hard earned money and waste it on stupid crap.

Top Bottom