• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Racist Attitudes Have Not Improved Over the 1920s

jy55

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/12/second-klan/509468/

This article seems to say that was the Klan peak, but I beg to differ. In fact, today the attitudes are just as venomous - maybe more. Again, there is no distinction between upholding values and being a bigot.

My justification in thinking? Well, it obvious from social media, the news - everywhere you see this phenomenon - and it's especially apparent in red states.

The Last Outlaw

This article seems to say that was the Klan peak, but I beg to differ. In fact, today the attitudes are just as venomous - maybe more. Again, there is no distinction between upholding values and being a bigot.

My justification in thinking? Well, it obvious from social media, the news - everywhere you see this phenomenon - and it's especially apparent in red states.
That kind of thinking was happening in that area long before the thought of social media.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"

And, Of Course, it is ONLY WHITES that are Racist.

Right?

jy55

And, Of Course, it is ONLY WHITES that are Racist.

Right?

Their racism meant more because they had more power. Of course, blacks and like are and have always been racist. Remember the article on Yaketys about a black girl committing suicide - due to bullying for having one white friend?

factoverstigma

racism is very much alive and well in this country, not just in the south but all over. it exists in so many different ways and yet we still try to deny it

jy55

racism is very much alive and well in this country, not just in the south but all over. it exists in so many different ways and yet we still try to deny it
Well, being a tough guy is one thing - and some Republicans are just that - but others have given over to the most racist crap - among other things! It's not just about stopping illegal immigration - but rather they've allowed the most hateful idiots a public platform.

Well, being a tough guy is one thing - and some Republicans are just that - but others have given over to the most racist crap - among other things! It's not just about stopping illegal immigration - but rather they've allowed the most hateful idiots a public platform.
its more like they were probably raised that way even if they don't think they were, or they grew up in a world that catered to them. and since they dont have a lot of experience with other races they dont see how damaging their thoughts and behaviors are to the bigger picture. theyre more than likely afraid of their lacko f experience and ignorance and express it with anger and hatred because they simply do not understand what it is like to be a minority in this country

jy55

its more like they were probably raised that way even if they don't think they were, or they grew up in a world that catered to them. and since they dont have a lot of experience with other races they dont see how damaging their thoughts and behaviors are to the bigger picture. theyre more than likely afraid of their lacko f experience and ignorance and express it with anger and hatred because they simply do not understand what it is like to be a minority in this country
Well, I don't think necessarily that catering to the oppressed is always good. I mean, there is limited truth in the "snowflake" thing. Nonetheless, the opponents (of the oppressed) have went off the deep end - as you say - they come across as sheltered, spoiled, elitists.

Top Bottom