Published vs Unpublished

jy550

Some say unpublished is crap. Well, unpublished would also be similar to "Indie or punk rock". In other words, it's stuff made outside the establishment. Anyway, of course, this leads to hecklers claiming - as I just said, it's crap - as in amateurish, inferior.

However though, getting published or signed, as in the case of bands, can be difficult - and what's unpublished isn't always bad; in fact, it might be better than the published stuff. Well, for instance, I think a lot of indie label stuff is better than certain hair bands (from the 80s) signed by record companies, right? However, record companies will sign some garbage - cause that's what teeny-boppers or whatever want to hear!

Kaunisto

Some time ago a new music channel started in Finnish TV (there hasn't been one for years). It annoys me that when besides the 90% pop hits they have "indie" part, closest thing to rock there has so far been Muse and I'm pretty sure everything they've shown there has been made with bigger budget than anything by any Finnish artist ever.

Whether in music, movies, games or comics, there are always lots of hidden gems to find in the real indie.

Top Bottom