• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Suggestion - Resolved Promotion Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stuart

Are you guys planning on a self promotion section for people to promote their sites/forums?

D

Daniel

I would say that if you guy's do implement this there is definitely a need for a posting requirement! Just my two cents!

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Since we're brand new and still working things out, we will just stick to the signature advertising for now. Not saying we won't have a separate Promotion forum in the future, just not right now.

Bluezone777

I personally find that section attracts the sort of people who are looking for people to use to push their site in the hopes they can draw your community away and not a place to join up and become apart of the community. I am not exactly against having it but I don't think it is going to be any real benefit to the community both here now and those who will come in the future.

S

Stuart

Since we're brand new and still working things out, we will just stick to the signature advertising for now. Not saying we won't have a separate Promotion forum in the future, just not right now.
Thanks Jazzy
I personally find that section attracts the sort of people who are looking for people to use to push their site in the hopes they can draw your community away and not a place to join up and become apart of the community. I am not exactly against having it but I don't think it is going to be any real benefit to the community both here now and those who will come in the future.
It can be a double edged sword but I don't see it as a major draw away for here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom