Police smash window to save dog from dying in overheated car

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
He was left without water and locked in a hot car while his owner was nowhere to be seen.

When they noticed the poor dog, police officers were forced to smash open the vehicle’s windows to stop the animal suffocating in the heat.

It is not clear how long the dog had been left in the car.

Footage has been released which shows an officer using a tool to smash the window open on the driver’s side.
The gasping dog immediately launches out of the window, completely unaware of the glass around him, as he desperately tries to escape.

Officers then gave him some water, which he quickly laps up. The pooch is then seen looking around in shock.
Maybe the owner of that dog can be put in a hot car and left till there nearly suffocating, to let them know how that poor animal felt. :mad:

Your thoughts?

APS

Unarmed
Some people should not be allowed to have pets and that person is a perfect example.

D

DaveM

I probably would have smashed every single window in the car just to make sure that the dog had a nice through draft :mad:

Bluezone777

I think a lot of it has to do with ignorance of what being in a hot car is like with the windows up or mostly up. Most don't realize that the inside of an enclosed car is far hotter than the air temperature reported on TV and simply cracking the windows up a bit is not enough to change things. It's not always so easy to just simply label everyone as cruel as many are likely just ignorant of what they are doing. It's not to say I am justifying the action just noting not all of these cases are born out of cruelty and that has to be taken into account.

Webster

Your thoughts?
I wouldn't be surprised if the dog's owner doesn't go up on animal cruelty charges over this because the same principles that apply when you leave a child in a hot car/vehicle should also apply to pets as well.

Top Bottom