Police searching for Madeleine McCann end forensic investigation

Jazzy

Forum Admin
"No more forensic work will be carried out by British police searching for missing Madeleine McCann.

It comes after the last scientific tests in the hunt for Madeleine, who disappeared aged three in 2007, ‘didn’t take the police forward’.

Operation Grange, an investigation into her disappearance, has cost £12 million since it was launched by David Cameron in 2011.

But the Sunday Mirror reported that the recent unsuccessful tests, carried out three months ago, will be the last by British officers.

A source told the newspaper: ‘The final forensics were carried out about three months ago but, sadly, they didn’t take us forward. There are no plans for any further forensic work to take place.’

Kate and Gerry McCann have remained vigilant in the search for their daughter, who vanished on a family holiday in Pria de Luz, Portugal.

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said: ‘Until we have answers, until there is news, there will always be hope and we will do everything we can to help find Madeleine.’

Under Operation Grange, 60 ‘persons of intererst’ have been investigated in relation to the case.

However, it has brought police no closer to finding the missing girl."

Source

Thoughts?

D

DaveM

I have been watching this case since it first broke and I suppose at some point you do need to let go if nothing else has come up that could help in the investigation.

APS

Unarmed
I have been watching this case since it first broke and I suppose at some point you do need to let go if nothing else has come up that could help in the investigation.

I think this will end up as one of life's unanswered questions

D

DaveM

Well she would be 12 now if she is still alive and I suppose if she has to come forward herself at some time it would only be in a good couple of years when she would be independent to some degree. I just cannot imagine what a parent must go though if their child is taken like this, always wondering and never knowing.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
I don't know if it's just me or not but I would have never left my children alone like they did.

Top Bottom