Personal problems with an admin?

Howard

Have you ever had a personal problem with the admin or owner of a forum? What did you do?

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Yes, twice with the owner of a now defunct forum. It started out where his moderators didn't like me and another member (have no idea why) and they started trolling both of us. Then we we didn't react to their trolling, they would remove every post we made. I reported this to him and he just laughed and said they were only having fun and did nothing to stop it. I liked the forum itself and many members there were friends with me. When I reported the trolling again, he gave me a temp. ban for 5 days. The members got pissed he did that and said if he didn't lift my ban, they were leaving. Ban got lifted and I returned.

Next time was when he held a posting contest and I won $100.00. He sent me a PM and told me he had no money to pay me and could I wait a week. I agreed. Then he started posting pictures of expensive things he was buying. I waited a week and PM'd him back asking for my money. He ignored me and I never did get the $100.00. This was the last straw for me and I left for good.

Howard

Have you? If the forum still exists, please don't mention the forums name :)
I'm still a member on this forum. I don't visit it often because it's not as active as it used to be.

The first forum I ever visited was a fan made anime forum that was made back in 2007. I sort of became friends with the owner, who lives in Wales. The forum specialized in scanlations for Japanese manga that didn't see an English translations released in America, Canada and other English based countries. So the owner would sell Japanese manga and additional costs to translate it for you.

I was kind of a mouthy troll back in the day. So my bad reputation with staff on that forum is my fault. I've learned that if you're not getting along with a staff member or they don't like what you post.

Take a leave of absence. Go to another forum. That helps get you off their radar.

Vince284

I'm relatively new to forums, this is only my second time in this format. I was on a local "forum" back in the 56K dialup days. I can't even remember when it was, maybe in the mid 80's. It wasn't the web, we all dialed into a local server. It was sponsored by the local newspaper and we all met IRL on several occasions. I remember a lot of drama, but I don't remember anyone really having real issues with anyone else, maybe I missed it. I have remained friends with only one person from those days.

Howard

Yes, a couple of times.
Same here. I've had these problems on a few forums. Arguing doesn't help because the first amendment doesn't apply to independently owned private platforms on the Internet and the staff can just ban you completely. So rather then argue with the founders on a forum. I just leave and go to another forum. Sometimes I've come back to a place that I had a lot of issues on and I have a better relationship with whoever it is running the place or they don't harass me over what I post. I think what some people don't know and are running forums is that certain members have a way with the other members in the community and can make it more active then usual. Sometimes heavily policing a forum can be a bad thing.

Top Bottom