Pakistan: Social Media honor killer cannot be 'forgiven'.

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
Pakistan: Qandeel Baloch's family cannot 'forgive' son
The practice of "forgiving" allows many honour killings to go unpunished in Pakistan.

Pakistani authorities barred the family of murdered social media celebrity Qandeel Baloch from legally "forgiving" their son, who is accused of strangling his sister, sources said.

A police source told the Reuters news agency on Monday that the government in Punjab, in a rare decision, has barred the family from forgiving their son after he confessed to murdering 26-year-old Baloch on Friday.

"It was done on the instructions of the government. But it happens rarely," a Punjab police official told Reuters.

The practice of "forgiving" is a common legal loophole that sees many honour killings go unpunished in Pakistan.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/...ily-barred-forgiving-son-160719070429308.html

--

Jazzy

Forum Admin
"Under Islamic law, murder is seen as a forgivable act, however due to this provision, it is treated as a crime against the state. Crimes against the state are unforgivable. Legal heirs cannot forgive the perpetrator of the crime or receive any monetary compensation. The state steps in and becomes the prosecutor since the crime is so heinous that the state will not allow this offense to be compounded."
So the only reason they did this was because she was a celebrity and the state didn't want the parents to receive any monetary compensation.

Bluezone777

It's likely they only did this to prevent outrage since she was a famous person in that part of the world. If she was just an average everyday citizen than they would likely have allowed the family to forgive their son and have him avoid any kind of punishment for it. I doubt this is anything more than avoiding public outrage and not a change of heart over the practice of allowing honor killings to go unpunished due to the forgiveness system they have.

TRUE LIBERTY

It's likely they only did this to prevent outrage since she was a famous person in that part of the world. If she was just an average everyday citizen than they would likely have allowed the family to forgive their son and have him avoid any kind of punishment for it. I doubt this is anything more than avoiding public outrage and not a change of heart over the practice of allowing honor killings to go unpunished due to the forgiveness system they have.

Well that makes a lot of sense and ruined any positive hope I might of seen from this story. I guess that should teach me when it comes to this religion.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
The father of social media star Qandeel Baloch has spoken of his desire to seek revenge after she was strangled in cold blood by her brother.

Muhammad Azeem has recalled the unthinkable moment he discovered his daughter’s lifeless body in the bedroom of their house in Pakistan.

Tears filled Muhammad Azeem’s eyes as he described the moment he realised his daughter was dead.
ad_213902265.jpg
He told CNN: ‘It was 7 a.m. and my wife went upstairs to get tea. She said “Waseem, our son, was not there, and the front door was open.” I told her he might have gone outside.

‘My wife went to our daughter’s room and started shouting ‘Qandeel! Qandeel!’

‘My son’s scarf was covering her face. My wife pulled the scarf back and saw Qandeel was dead.’

Muhammad said his son wouldn’t speak to Qandeel but he never imagined he would go as far as killing her.

But despite what others thought, both Qandeel’s parents were immensely proud.

Muhammad continued: ‘Our daughter told us which TV channel we could watch her on,’

‘I said to my wife, “Let’s watch her show.” We felt very happy to watch it. We saw her and said, ‘She is our daughter.’

Last week, the Punjab government became a complainant in the murder case, this was to avoid a legal loophole that can see ‘honour killings’ go unpunished.

But Muhammad said he has no such desire anyway and wants to be restored as complainant.

‘I shall not forgive,’ he said. ‘It is my desire to take revenge.’

‘Why did he kill my daughter? There should be God’s wrath on him.’

Source

Top Bottom